GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
    The reason I asked for clarification is because in the relevant CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms template letter Niddy Has advised me to send there is a section that states "In response to this request I was supplied a document, a copy of which is attached, that did not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974)"

I was just checking because I infer from that I should include a copy.
    Then enclose a copy - but keep what they sent and, if you can "accidentally" make the copy you send back even more illegible, so much the better.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Then enclose a copy - but keep what they sent and, if you can "accidentally" make the copy you send back even more illegible, so much the better.
      Dabs the A4 with old tea bags and then sits on it.....
      Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Dabs the A4 with old tea bags and then sits on it.....
        Sorry but with the fishy theme I had to put Dabs in but now I'll stop carping on about it
        Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

The reason I asked for clarification is because in the relevant CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms template letter Niddy Has advised me to send there is a section that states "In response to this request I was supplied a document, a copy of which is attached, that did not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974)"

I was just checking because I infer from that I should include a copy.
          It doesn't matter either way, send a copy back - or don't - it's much the same.

However as Mrs D and CC says, pointless doing their jobs for them - I will be editing the letters when we move to the new site, so this part may get taken out....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            It doesn't matter either way, send a copy back - or don't - it's much the same.

However as Mrs D and CC says, pointless doing their jobs for them - I will be editing the letters when we move to the new site, so this part may get taken out....
            Thanks, I have edited the template removing the reference to the copy CCA.

30/08/11 Posted CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms to Crap it All One 1st Class Signed For.

sigpic

Comment

UPDATE: 04/09/11

I received a Default Notice from Crap West. This is on my Business Account Overdraft. I know this is not subject to the UE rules but Have uploaded the notice in the Secure Section for Niddy to give me his opinion.

sigpic

Comment

UPDATE 05/09/11

Yet another letter from Credit Solutions Limited who are acting for Barclaycard. They still sent this threat despite having acknowledged my CCA request. It makes me smile that they have amended their records after their trace search showed I lived at my address

Ignore or send "Threat" letter?
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Hi MJ,

I would just ignore this. They need to get the CCA in place before they can do anything. CSL are at the best of times. If sent them a letter in Serbo-Croat typed in the cyrrillic alphabet you would get just the same replies. We only gently mentioned our sols name to them and they ran for the Highlands

regards
                  Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                    Hi MJ,

I would just ignore this. They need to get the CCA in place before they can do anything. CSL are at the best of times. If sent them a letter in Serbo-Croat typed in the cyrrillic alphabet you would get just the same replies. We only gently mentioned our sols name to them and they ran for the Highlands

regards
                    Garlok
                    Well they had the CCA request on 3rd August so they have already exceeded the 12+2 days!

sigpic

Comment

Hi MJ

It is they who are in default at the moment not you. Even using the leeway Niddy gives them, a month is too long and of course the Act requires calendar days not working days.

regards
                      Garlok

Comment

Just ignore this until they DO respond, we know they can't and won't but hey ho, its just following the process until they properly mess up - give it time! They always do...

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I sent my CCA request to Barclaycard on 3/08/11, acknowledged by them on 12/08/11. I had a threatening letter from Credit Solutions dated 01/09/11 but I simply ignored that as advised.

Today 24/09/11 I have another letter from Power2Contact saying "We have been instructed by our client to visit...." This is all despite my letter refusing to arrange a visit and my CCA request for which they are in default?

Ignore the
                          Last edited by mauijim; 24 September 2011, 14:59. Reason: Spelling error

sigpic

Comment

they probably won't appear but if they do tell em to piss off, or don't open the door. I look out the lounge window and do a wee royal wave type of thing, like in go away. i do this regardless of who they are, I simply do not waste time with any eejit at the door who I haven't invited. or you could send the doorstep harassment letter and head it 2nd Copy in big red letters.

Comment

Update

Crap One - Sent letter saying "Missing Prescribed terms" 30/8/11. I have not heard anything again from them. no News is good news in my book

Barclaycard - CCA request sent 3/8/11 which was acknowledged by them on 12/8/11. Apart from a few "visit threats" have also heard nothing.

If they give up does it just go quiet until they decide to start the DCA merry-go-round again?

Cheers

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Hopefully yes!

Comment

Working...
                                X