GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
    Update MBNA

28/01/12 A letter from MBNA with a Notice of Assignment. Letter informs me they have sold the balance to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited aka Wescot Credit Services.

I have not dealt with these people before so I have a couple of questions
    • Are they the usual DCA or a more clued up bunch?
    • Do you think MBNA sold this because of my letter "Forged Document received?" or is it SOP?

MJ
    Have you seen this ? > What to do when your account is assigned
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      I have now

So I should send a letter saying "Account sold whilst in dispute"???
      Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

I have now

So I should send a letter saying "Account sold whilst in dispute"???
        I Would....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I read the informative post and it helped. I was also lucky enough to speak with Paul about another problem and he advised me then to always engage a creditor with written correspondence. That was my SOP when I was in business. Yes, as Niddy says, you do not need to flap about these things and can ignore short term followed by the correct template to keep them on their toes!

MJ
          Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            well if that is what happened you have in essence NEVER seen any terms or signed anything, right? Thus it is unenforceable, so you would need to send this ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Forged Document Received

However in the first paragraph you need to edit the two bullet points and use these:
            1. I never applied online, I applied over the phone and spoke with underwriting

2. I have never seen any such terms, forms or agreement in my life
            Just like that
            Perhaps the letter about applying on the phone made them think again? I knew I had applied on the phone and not online.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to be a bit stupid here. I have written the "account sold whilst in dispute" but do I need to include another CCA request to them together with a £1 postal order?

I think the letter just refers to my previous request and the payment of £1 but I want to be certain.

Thanks

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to be a bit stupid here. I have written the "account sold whilst in dispute" but do I need to include another CCA request to them together with a £1 postal order?

I think the letter just refers to my previous request and the payment of £1 but I want to be certain.

Thanks

MJ
                No just send account sold letter...........

Comment

No just send account sold letter...........
                  Thanks, that will be in the post first thing on Monday morning!

sigpic

Comment

I have been thinking about the recent NOA and wanted to ask the more experienced members what they think of it.

First, I am not panicking about, far from it. I have prepared my "account sold whilst in dispute" letter and that will be in the post tomorrow (first class signed for).

It seems they read my letter "Forged document received" and decided it would be easier to get something from a DCA by selling the debt rather than start a legal fight with me. I know my application was by telephone and they probably know that too!

So would they simply decide f**k this, let's sell this to a DCA and wash our hands of it? I assume they would not tell the DCA of my CCA request because that would make it less desirable to them. Is this thought correct? Would they keep silent about my CCA request and "forged document" letter and simply grab the money - kind of "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".

I am not looking to base any further action on this, simply curious about the process. I used to do a similar thing when we had an awkward client contracted to us. If they wanted to move to a new company we would simply sell the contract to the new company and not mention the fact they were a right pain in the arse!

I'd appreciate your views.

MJ

sigpic

Comment

I think it might more a case of "shit, this is is a bit complicated and my wee banker's brain can't cope, so let's punt it"

I've got one that sent a blatent forgery and it worried me, pointing this out, but I've been steadily pointing it out for nearly two years, on its 4th or 5th DCA now, so get the account sold off and let's wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                        I think it might more a case of "shit, this is is a bit complicated and my wee banker's brain can't cope, so let's punt it"

I've got one that sent a blatent forgery and it worried me, pointing this out, but I've been steadily pointing it out for nearly two years, on its 4th or 5th DCA now, so get the account sold off and let's wait and see.
                        Well I think we agree ELD, I am sure they decided to grab what they could for it and let someone else chase me. They have sold it lock stock and barrel to Wescot so the paper merry-go-round will probably start with them soon! They've already written to me stating they are the new owners of the debt so I am sure the next letter is already on its way!

Thanks

MJ

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of something else this morning, I know it may sound crazy but I'll mention it anyway.

The MBNA account has been sold to Wescot, I am hoping to get my "account sold whilst in dispute" letter in the post today. I need to get the agonising pain in my neck and back to go first

As this has been sold, can Wescot go back to MBNA and say "You've sold us a pile of shit here" and hand the pile of shit back to MBNA or is it Caveat Emptor and you should get some roses to make best use of that pile of shit!

I was just curious.

Cheers

MJ

sigpic

Comment

As this has been sold, can Wescot go back to MBNA and say "You've sold us a pile of shit here" and hand the pile of shit back to MBNA or is it Caveat Emptor and you should get some roses to make best use of that pile of shit!

I was just curious.

Cheers

MJ
                            Hi MJ,
                            You could always save them the bother and add in your letter 'You've been sold a pile of shit here!'

Seriously though, you've raised a good point. As it seems MBNA are pulling out of this country would they even be able to return it? Would it not then just end up on the DCA merry-go-round? If so each one it passes to reduces the chances of any enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
                              Hi MJ,
                              You could always save them the bother and add in your letter 'You've been sold a pile of shit here!'

Seriously though, you've raised a good point. As it seems MBNA are pulling out of this country would they even be able to return it? Would it not then just end up on the DCA merry-go-round? If so each one it passes to reduces the chances of any enforcement.
                              Hi Oldyboy

The fact MBNA are pulling out of the UK market is what started my thought process. My thought was simple but perhaps incorrect - if there is a time period that would allow Wescot to send back their newly acquired pile of shit, perhaps I should let that expire and then hit them with the "account sold whilst in dispute" which would mean they would not be able to give it back.

Probably wrong but hoping one of the crew on here can advise me.

Cheers

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                                Perhaps you should answer one of those calls?

You can always 'fail' their security checks, perhaps by replying in a foreign language.
                                Well today I was sat here and the phone rang displaying CrapQuest's number. I decided to answer and say विवाद मूर्ख

I was correct in my suspicions, they were chasing someone else! It was a lady who we had other calls for

So that is one less thing to worry about.

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X