GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    MBNA - Enforceable.

This is an online application with the tick in the box and therefore is unfortunately 100% enforceable as the PT's are intact and any that may have been missing would be easily rectified due to the fact there is no signature, i.e. the online app's are so easy to recon and pass off as originals. Sorry.....

This changes somewhat, I have just been told he never applied online - (in protected section) thus a copy of latest chat is below to assist with keeping this diary up-to-date.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim;
      I never got to that stage, the application was declined because of the amount involved. In order to proceed with an application I was told I would have to phone in and apply. I did this and some guy went through everything with me. He said he needed to make checks and then he put me on hold for ages. He came back and said I could have the amount and the card (it was for a £15K card transfer to save money) but I MUST have PPI. I said I was not interested then because I was a non-exec Director (effectively self-employed) and it would be of no use. ANother 10 minutes on hold and then he accepted. He said all the docs would be sent and I should sign them and return. They sent the card but no docs...that's how it happened.

What would be your next bit of advice then?
      well if that is what happened you have in essence NEVER seen any terms or signed anything, right? Thus it is unenforceable, so you would need to send this ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Forged Document Received

However in the first paragraph you need to edit the two bullet points and use these:
      1. I never applied online, I applied over the phone and spoke with underwriting

2. I have never seen any such terms, forms or agreement in my life
      Just like that
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
        I never give my number out to anyone, let alone on a website. I am only getting two calls per day at the moment.

Actually I wonder if they are actually chasing me? I just remembered that when we took on the number is was previously a business and I took lots of calls for the same person and people were very keen to get hold of him. It didn't sound like they were inviting him to a social event either!
        Perhaps you should answer one of those calls?

You can always 'fail' their security checks, perhaps by replying in a foreign language.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          perhaps by replying in a foreign language.
          Scottish? Latin?

Comment

मॅँ यह बात नहीं सम३ा पाया हूं कि
            Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Scottish? Latin?
              Anything.

Volapük (link) if possible.

Comment

मॅँ यह बात नहीं सम३ा पाया हूं कि
                how the bloody hell is that font displaying? I thought you needed the font pack installed to read that?

Comment

well if that is what happened you have in essence NEVER seen any terms or signed anything, right? Thus it is unenforceable, so you would need to send this ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Forged Document Received

However in the first paragraph you need to edit the two bullet points and use these:
                  1. I never applied online, I applied over the phone and spoke with underwriting

2. I have never seen any such terms, forms or agreement in my life
                  Just like that
                  I'll get that printed tonight and in the post tomorrow!

Cheers

MJ
                  Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Update RBS

20/1/12 Another letter from Shoosmiths offering a payment plan or a reduced settlement. The CCA was deemed by Niddy so I have not bothered to reply to these

What would you advise me to do; continue to ignore?

sigpic

Comment

Update RBS

20/1/12 Another letter from Shoosmiths offering a payment plan or a reduced settlement. The CCA was deemed by Niddy so I have not bothered to reply to these

What would you advise me to do; continue to ignore?
                      ignore for now........
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'll get that printed tonight and in the post tomorrow!

Cheers

MJ
                        In a lot of pain today so will be unable to get to the Post Office. Will hopefully improve over the weekend and get it posted to MBNA on Monday.

sigpic

Comment

23/01/12 Letter sent 1st Class Signed For to MBNA stating "Forged Document received"

sigpic

Comment

I am now getting lots of phone calls from CrapQuest, it started about a week ago. I never answer them and they always leave the same message stating they have called....duh...you don't say.. and they may call back again...please call us It is slightly strange because I had changed my number and we are ex-directory so I wonder where they obtained my new number?

They haven't written to me so I am not sure which debt they are chasing or if it even belongs to me.

I'll just have to wait and see what Postman Pat brings me.

BTW do CrapQuest buy up the dregs from anyone or do they have a preferred creditor they do the dirty work for?

Cheers

MJ
                            I think Crapquest are fed up of leaving messages on my answering machine, I haven't heard from them for three days. I think perhaps a letter will drop through my letterbox soon!

sigpic

Comment

I think Crapquest are fed up of leaving messages on my answering machine, I haven't heard from them for three days.
                              Can't you persuade them to use one of Niddy's special numbers?

Comment

23/01/12 Letter sent 1st Class Signed For to MBNA stating "Forged Document received"
                                Update MBNA

28/01/12 A letter from MBNA with a Notice of Assignment. Letter informs me they have sold the balance to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited aka Wescot Credit Services.

I have not dealt with these people before so I have a couple of questions
                                • Are they the usual DCA or a more clued up bunch?
                                • Do you think MBNA sold this because of my letter "Forged Document received?" or is it SOP?

MJ
                                Last edited by mauijim; 28 January 2012, 12:54.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X