GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script GJC Statutory Demand Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GJC Statutory Demand Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GJC Statutory Demand Diary

Hi folks, thanks for All the nice welcomes.

We have received a Statutory Demand from bw legal acting on behalf of Lowels who are chasing an old debt with Capital One for £4000.00. The SD was hand delivered to a Tennant at a house we own but have not lived in since 2009 it was delivered on or around the 25th of February although dated 15th of January (I miss read this date as 15th of February, so clearly was served AFTER the 18 day deadline for setting aside. I’m confused already. Today, the 11th of March we have received a follow up letter delivered in the post saying we were served the SD on the 23rd of February and asking us to contact them immediately so that a settlement can be arranged. If no response is received by the 16th of March they will send a Bankruptcy Petition to court.

There have been no other correspondences received by us from these firms prior to this SD.

My questions:

Along with the fact that we dispute the amount of debt can we use this strange state of affairs regarding the dates and amount of notice we have been given as sufficient grounds for having the SD set aside?

Should we send off a CCA request ASAP or have we ran out of time?

Re: GJC Statutory Demand Diary

Ditto. Check out tastyjane. She's just had the same....

And we beat them on that front

Can you give more info please...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi thanks, I'll take a look. Don't really have many details other than the default date was june 2009. What else would be useful?

Comment

Oops srry (does help to read the "Read me first" bit.

Its a credit card, last payement around March 2009. Not sure how old it was but quite sure it was before 2007 but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Comment

So you did a bunk I presume, they've now caught up with you

It's fine just wondering - as its important. Did you move or not...

Ok can you get a CCA request sent off to Lowells ASAP and let's see what they've got yea?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi and welcome, GJC,
            Sorry to see you're another victim of Lowell's Stat Demand strategy.
            I'd follow Niddy's advice and send a CCA request to Lowell immediately:
            CCA Request Template: CCA Request - allaboutDEBT UK

You need to start digging out any old documents you can about this too..did you ever get a Default Notice?

Elsa x

Comment

Any developments here?

Comment

Hi how's things ?
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X