GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starting out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Starting out

Thanks in 2 deep for your swift reply I will send letter to moor croft ,regarding NDR I've only just received the DN today ,

Comment

Thanks Scabhunter yes in 2 Deep is really quick with his replies ,wish I was as sharp as that!!
      To answer your question Scabhunter, yes it states at the top Default Notice ,served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Act 1974 ,but the letter is dated 25 th June so they will have given me the 14 days notice ,could I not argue that they have ignored my cca request?

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
        the letter is dated 25 th June so they will have given me the 14 days notice ,could I not argue that they have ignored my cca request?
        Ah, but the default notice needs to actually give you 14 days, so if the date given for the time limit is 14 days from the date of the letter, that is proof in itself that you could not have been given enough time. They have not allowed any time for postage or delivery.

SH

Comment

So they have to allow 14 days + postage . Then I will ignore them for now and see what they send back to me ,as you both suggested thanks again
          Sosad x

Comment

Thanks Flowerpower I'm glad you're all watching out for me as I'm working blindly or in other words I'm clueless!!! Take care x

Comment

We all watch out for each other on here
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

In 2 Deep it's really comforting to know that , perhaps when I get a bit more knowledgeable I will be able to help someone .. xxx

Comment

So they have to allow 14 days + postage
                  Exactly, yes. The fact that the DN only arrived today means they must either have waited until quite a long time after the date on the letter before sending, or else they used a bog standard third class mailing system which meant it took a week to arrive. Either way, not good enough, as you've now only got seven days to the given limit instead of fourteen.

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                  They should only demand the amount in arrears not the whole amount. But don't tell them that!
                  It looks as though the date isn't the only thing wrong with the DN. What a shame.

Then I will ignore them for now and see what they send back to me ,as you both suggested thanks again
                  Sosad x
                  That is exactly right. They are on course for self-destruction, so just leave them be.....

I'm having a lovely Monday !!!!
                  Yes, I would say this is an excellent Monday! One gang of predators are about to shoot themselves in the foot, and another account has been farmed out to gross incompetents. I would have a wee dram to celebrate!

I'm working blindly or in other words I'm clueless!!!
                  Ah, but here is the key, Sos Ad! You listen and learn, and then act on what you have learned. That is why I picked you out early on as someone who would do extremely well on these forums. Everything I've seen so far tells me I've judged it well.

perhaps when I get a bit more knowledgeable I will be able to help someone .. xxx
                  I think that's inevitable.

Let's have more Sos Ads to give strength to the Sos Ad brand!

Here are two of the best I've found so far -

Vintage Advert for Palethorpes Sausages 1907 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://www.heritage-images.com/Previ...licenseType=RM

Keep going!

SH
                  Last edited by Flowerpower; 2 July 2012, 15:40. Reason: Edited my own typo in quote :)

Comment

Thanks for your encouraging post Scabhunter I really do hope I will be able to encourage and help others a little later down the line ,you guys can pick out very small details ,a good example was the date on my letter,that was something I never even thought of looking at ,I am truly amazed at how quickly you all reply ,also the humour.

Flowerpower you do learn a lot on this forum most of it good and some of the threads are very compassionate ,one thread had me in tears and it turned out fine in the end thanks to the support and encouragement of the forum users.

You are all truly inspiring people
                    Take care xxx

Comment

Sainsburys (credit card) now dealing with blair oliver and Scott.
                      Taken out 2001

Balance £4537
                      Last full payment 2009.

April 23rd ,cancelled dmp payments and requested cca.

May 5th received cca
                      May 9th E-Mailed my CCA to N iddy be grateful if you would let me know if you receive this
                      Niddy says unenforceable, I'm really happy about this

May 11th Posted letter as advised by Niddy Re ;missing prescribed terms.

May 11th received letter from B. O.&S requesting immediate payment
                      May29th Received letter saying pay up or else!!
                      June 11th, received letter stating formal notice given that they are preparing papers to commence action at my local court to seek a judgement against me
                      June12th Posted threat-o-gram before action letter away
                      June25th Received reply back from sainsburys more or less stating we will no longer enter into any other correspondence
                      June 28yh Received letter from sainsburys stating they have transferred sainsburys debt to
                      July 2nd. Received letter from moor croft to prevent recommending our client to take further action pay full amount before 7/7/12
                      July 3rd Sent account sold in dispute letter

Hiya

Received letter from moor croft thanking me for my request for cca they are stating they require £1 p o before they process my request ,I sent them the account sold in dispute letter , do I ignore and wait to see what they follow it up with ,thank you

Comment

They are just being stupid, I would probably do a one liner referring them to your letter of 3rd July, nothing else just a straight forward one liner.

Comment

Hiya Evenlessdopey i will post my one liner letter tomorrow many thanks for your swift reply xx

Comment

hiya

I have a MnS account thats just been passed to Moroncarp, enforcable but blaggin it at mo
                            have ignored them for the time being
                            received a letter from them this weekend, asking that i contact them by the 12th to make a full payment or come to an agreeable arrangement to pay it back

If I am in receipt of certain benifits ie; JSA,Income support, Minimum income guarantee, or pension and savings credits, they may be able to assist me in establishing payment of my account through the benifit system,

diddn't like the sound of that so have emailed OFT and asked a general question of are DCAs allowed to do that?
                            will let you know what they say
                            NW
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

L

Thanks for your reply Nightwatch I look forward to seeing what they send back to you take care xxx
                              Last edited by Sosad; 10 July 2012, 15:25. Reason: Update

Comment

Hi I am in the process of sending letter to moorcroft do you think I should send a copy of the letter I sent to them ?(in dispute letter) thank you
                                if you want....
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X