GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starting out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Starting out

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
    Also received this letter from Nelson Guest& Partners Solicitors.
    As a final attempt to avoid further action Wescot is prepared to offer a discount to settle this account .As this account is enforceable do you think I should contact then
    Thanks
    Sosad x
    Definitely not in the way I think you mean.

Wasteclot/Nelson Pest are one of the most useless of all the DCAs, and wouldn't know the difference between an enforceable agreement and a second hand bog roll. The fact that they are "prepared to offer a discount to settle this account" suggests that they are a long way from thinking about ripping your backside off in a court room.

I would either ignore this silly "offer" and wait for the next threat, or simply send another copy of the missing PTs letter. It depends how fanatical you want to be about responding to absolutely everything they send.

If you do send anything, do so at the end of the week again.

SH

Comment

Thanks as always for your quick responses Scabhunter I wish I was as sharp as you I will post that letter away at the end of the week ,and I will not become a "fanatic "!!!!! I'll just ignore Nelson's letter

Thanks so much, I must admit your fanatical comment made me laugh

Take care
      Sosad xxx
      Last edited by Sosad; 11 December 2012, 13:43.

Comment

Hi all
        just thought I'd pop in and let you know about a letter I received this morning it was from capquest (empire stores) they have decided to write off my debt due to all the misunderstanding regarding the account .
        I'm really happy with this decision, i would like to say that without the help of all the people on this site I would never have had this outcome , thank you all so very much.
        I know it's not a huge debt but it's a start.
        Merry Christmas to all you lovely people.

Take care,
        Sosad xx
        Last edited by Sosad; 21 December 2012, 18:39.

Comment

Fab news, Sosad!

Keep that letter nice and safe, and have yourself a lovely Christmas xxx
          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Really good christmas present indeed........
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all
              just thought I'd pop in and let you know about a letter I received this morning it was from capquest (empire stores) they have decided to write off my debt due to all the misunderstanding regarding the account .
              I'm really happy with this decision, i would like to say that without the help of all the people on this site I would never have had this outcome , thank you all so very much.
              I know it's not a huge debt but it's a start.
              Merry Christmas to all you lovely people.

Take care,
              Sosad xx
              That is wonderful news Sos Ad!

Sorry to be so long replying to your post, but I'm on holiday at the moment and I've been walking along the seafront for a few hours. Crappyquest are normally tenacious little critters and difficult to get rid of, so you have done exceedingly well.

May this be the first of many positive results in your journey back to stability and a solvent lifestyle, and may Crapquest be the first of many DCAs to get gutrot from the Sos Ad sausage machine!

SH

PS Let me know if you want me to resize that picture so you can use it as an avatar. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you as well. Feel free to pop into the Bankruptcy Arms for one of our many fine whiskies if you need an uplift.

Comment

Love good news me, well done sosad
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

[QUOTE=Sosad;182783]Sainsburys (credit card) now dealing with blair oliver and Scott.
                  Taken out 2001

Balance £4537
                  Last full payment 2009.

April 23rd ,cancelled dmp payments and requested cca.

May 5th received cca
                  May 9th E-Mailed my CCA to N iddy be grateful if you would let me know if you receive this
                  Niddy says unenforceable, I'm really happy about this

May 11th Posted letter as advised by Niddy Re ;missing prescribed terms.

May 11th received letter from B. O.&S requesting immediate payment
                  May29th Received letter saying pay up or else

June 11th, received letter stating formal notice given that they are preparing papers to commence action at my local court to seek a judgement against me

June12th Posted threat-o-gram before action letter away

June25th Received reply back from sainsburys more or less stating we will no longer enter into any other correspondence

June 28yh Received letter from sainsburys stating they have transferred sainsburys debt to moorcroft
                  July 2nd. Received letter from moor croft to prevent recommending our client to take further action pay full amount before 7/7/12
                  July 3rd Sent account sold in dispute letter
                  July 9th Received letter requesting PO to process my request foy CCA agreement
                  July 11th Posted one liner letter to moor croft regarding " my cca request" ( which was actually the sold in dispute letter !!) informed them to take a look at my letter dated 3rd July

December 11th received letter from Moorcroft stating to prevent further action send payment proposal to them

December 14th Sent letter stating to look at letter I posted to them on the 3/7/12 also sent a copy of said letter

December 22nd. Received letter from Moorcroft stating in order to stop our recommending our clients that
                  further debt recovery action be taken we can confirm we are prepared to accept a sensible
                  monthly repayment plan an example of what we would consider would be £120.00 per
                  month.
                  I need to respond in 7 days!!(oops!!)

December29th. Received a reply from Moorcroft to my letter dated 14th December" In order to carry out
                  your request for cca you must provide us with a £1.00 fee!!!" I sent them the "account sold
                  in dispute " letter.

What would be the next best step should I just ignore them?
                  As usual any advice would be much appreciated , thanks in advance
                  Sosad xxx
                  Last edited by Sosad; 29 December 2012, 14:18. Reason: Update

Comment

[QUOTE=Sosad;273917]
                    Sainsburys (credit card) now dealing with blair oliver and Scott.
                    Taken out 2001

Balance £4537
                    Last full payment 2009.

April 23rd ,cancelled dmp payments and requested cca.

May 5th received cca
                    May 9th E-Mailed my CCA to N iddy be grateful if you would let me know if you receive this
                    Niddy says unenforceable, I'm really happy about this

May 11th Posted letter as advised by Niddy Re ;missing prescribed terms.

May 11th received letter from B. O.&S requesting immediate payment
                    May29th Received letter saying pay up or else
                    June 11th, received letter stating formal notice given that they are preparing papers to commence action at my local court to seek a judgement against me

June12th Posted threat-o-gram before action letter away

June25th Received reply back from sainsburys more or less stating we will no longer enter into any other correspondence

June 28yh Received letter from sainsburys stating they have transferred sainsburys debt to
                    July 2nd. Received letter from moor croft to prevent recommending our client to take further action pay full amount before 7/7/12
                    July 3rd Sent account sold in dispute letter
                    July 9th Received letter requesting PO to process my request foy CCA agreement
                    July 11th Posted one liner letter to moor croft regarding " my cca request" ( which was actually the sold in dispute letter !!) informed them to take a look at my letter dated 3rd July

December 11th received letter from Moorcroft stating to prevent further action send payment proposal to them

December 14th Sent letter stating to look at letter I posted to them on the 3/7/12 also sent a copy of said letter

December 22nd. Received letter from Moorcroft stating in order to stop our recommending our clients that
                    further debt recovery action is taken we can confirm we are prepared to accept a sensible
                    monthly repayment plan an example of what we would consider would be £120.00 per
                    month.
                    I need to respond in 7 days!!!!

December29th. Received a reply from Moorcroft to my letter dated 14th December In order to carry out
                    my request for cca I must provide them with a £1.00 fee!!! I sent them the "account sold
                    in dispute " letter.

What would be the next best step should I just ignore them?
                    As usual any advice would be much appreciated , thanks in advance
                    Sosad xxx
                    I would send them a one liner saying cca request was sent on xxxxxx
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks In 2 Deep on the ball as usual , I'll get the one liner sorted .
                      Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you all the best for 2013 .

Thanks to all who posted with their best wishes about my wee bit good news , I had to share it with you all as I couldn't have done it without your help and support, and to show others that it can be done.

Scabhunter what's an avatar ?

A very Happy New Year to you all and hopefully 2013 is a good one .

Take care
                      Sosadxx

Comment

I and I mean I, would send a letter along the lines of

Dear Bumhead

thank you for your letter of the xx in which you request the sum of £1.00 for something i have not asked you to do, i refer you back to my letters of the 3rd & 11th july and the 14th dec, copys of which i have already sent to you for your ease of reference,
                        please find enclosed a list of Specsaver locations across the country where you may be able to get help in reading the contents of said letters, as for understanding them, you may wish to ask a grown up to explain them to you.

may I ask that you refrainfrom sending any more letters asking for a fee, or recommending your client to take further action, until you find the button on the printer for the letter that says "We are seeking information from our Client on this matter " and, "this account is on hold while we seek informaion"

yours with nobbys nuts on NW

ps; an avitar is the picture under your name ,as you can see mine is Muttly
                        Last edited by nightwatch; 29 December 2012, 14:53. Reason: ps

Comment

Thanks In 2 Deep on the ball as usual , I'll get the one liner sorted .
                          Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you all the best for 2013 .

Thanks to all who posted with their best wishes about my wee bit good news , I had to share it with you all as I couldn't have done it without your help and support, and to show others that it can be done.

Scabhunter what's an avatar ?

A very Happy New Year to you all and hopefully 2013 is a good one .

Take care
                          Sosadxx
                          Wishing you a very Happy new year.

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                          I and I mean I, would send a letter along the lines of

Dear Bumhead

thank you for your letter of the xx in which you request the sum of £1.00 for something i have not asked you to do, i refer you back to my letters of the 3rd & 11th july and the 14th dec, copys of which i have already sent to you for your ease of reference,
                          please find enclosed a list of Specsaver locations across the country where you may be able to get help in reading the contents of said letters, as for understanding them, you may wish to ask a grown up to explain them to you.

may I ask that you refrainfrom sending any more letters asking for a fee, or recommending your client to take further action, until you find the button on the printer for the letter that says "We are seeking information from our Client on this matter " and, "this account is on hold while we seek informaion"

yours with nobbys nuts on NW

ps; an avitar is the picture under your name ,as you can see mine is Muttly
                          ....Leave out the Bumhead and nobbys nuts

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                            Wishing you a very Happy new year.

....Leave out the Bumhead and nobbys nuts

WHY !!

Comment

Hi Nightwatch ,
                              Thanks for your reply most helpful I will miss out the part with bumhead and nobbys nuts as In 2 Deep suggested .
                              Thanks for enlightening me about avatar ,it's a true saying you're never too old to learn!!!
                              Happy New Year to you
                              Take care
                              Sosad xx

Comment

Happy New Year to you and Yours
                                xx NW

Comment

Working...
                                X