GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Starting out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Starting out

Hi received a letter from Capquest they stated that empire stores have sold them my account and are looking for payments they have stated that "if you fail to comply we will not hesitate to utilise the legal system to it's full extent " , sounds threatening . Should I reply with account sold while in dispute letter? Any help will as always be gratefully received Sosad x

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
      Hi received a letter from Capquest they stated that empire stores have sold them my account and are looking for payments they have stated that "if you fail to comply we will not hesitate to utilise the legal system to it's full extent " , sounds threatening . Should I reply with account sold while in dispute letter? Any help will as always be gratefully received Sosad x
      I would send this now if it were me --------> Account Sold whilst in Dispute
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sosad, That's what they do, make it sound threatening in the hope you will quake in your boots, roll over and pay. You however know different don't you.
        I haven't reread your whole thread but I am assuming that the account is in dispute for some reason.

Comment

Thanks In 2Deep , I had an idea but I like to know Im doing the right thing from you guys, as you are the experts I'll get that letter off today again many thanks for your support
          Sosad xx

Comment

Hi Jon ,
            When I requested cca from empire stores they never got back to me, that's why it's in dispute ,I do know not to buckle under threats but I'm still a coward !!! Just need reassurance ,thanks for your reply.
            Sosad xx

Comment

"if you fail to comply we will not hesitate to utilise the legal system to it's full extent " , sounds threatening .
              Sounds more like Dalek-speak than anything a human being would say. Who appointed them to a position of authority where they give orders you must “comply” with?

“Utilising the legal system to it's full extent” would mean prosecuting you for every crime which is on the statute books, which may be rather difficult as a) you haven't committed any crimes and b) they are not prosecutors and have no access to the criminal justice system.

Don't worry about the incoherent ramblings of insane deluded dreamers.

SH

Comment

Hi SoSad

Hope it's going ok for you? I too have been getting those types of letters that when you first read them they really do sound scary. Like the last one I got that said they may start legal proceedings against me. When I got that one I cried and I felt sick. I then went for a cuppa, re-read the letter and noticed the word 'may'. That little word made all the difference to me and of course I got on here right away, sent the threat o gram letter as per the lovely people on here. That has shut them up for a little while longer.

Keep strong SoSad.

Comment

Scabhunter and flowerpower ,thanks for your words of support and reassurance they do scare me but not as much as they used to and it's down to you good people on this site ,you will never know how grateful I am to you all

Hi 925pws,I have had those kind of letters as well and yes they do scare you ,I'm glad you're still plodding on you sound a bit like me the first sign of trouble the place to go is on here ,don't know where I would have been had it not been for this site .
                  Take care,
                  Sosad xxxx
                  Last edited by Sosad; 10 October 2012, 12:17.

Comment

Bank of Scotland credit card) now dealing with Blair Oliver and Scott.
                    taken out 2002/4ish
                    Balance £3148

date last paid full payment 2009.

April 23rd cancelled dmp payment and requested cca.

May 8th received CCA from Blair Oliver& Scott will email to Niddy.

May 11th received letter from b.o &s requiring immediate payment
                    May 15th Niddy has deemed this CCA Unenforceable
                    May 16th received CCA from HBoS
                    May 17th emailed it to Niddy
                    May 25th Niddy has deemed this one enforceable ,never mind can't win them all !!
                    May 29th Received letter saying pay

May29th Sent missing prescribed terms lette
                    June13th Received letter from Blair ,Oliver &scott stating to contact them within five days ,threats are door to door collectors and. Court action to seek a judgement against me
                    June 29th Received notice of intended court action from BOS stating papers are now being prepared for commencement of action through my local court to seek a judgement against me
                    July 3rd Sent threat to commence litigation letter
                    July 20th Received letter from bank of Scotland stating my account has been passed on to Apex Credit Management ,in same
                    envelope Apex letter asking me to contact them to make arrangements to pay as soon as possible
                    August 6th Sent Apex "telephone harassment " letter and "account in dispute", saved a few pennies!!!
                    August 9th Received from apex saying they will investigate my complaint
                    Received letter from Wescot regarding this account they have been instructed to collect the outstanding balance,they state to avoid Wescot taking further action i must pay debt in full or contact them by telephone
                    Should I ignore and see what they send next? As always any help is much appreciated.
                    Sosad x

Comment

Thanks Flowerpower, I really wasn't sure what to send as they haven't mentioned my account being sold to them ,and as for telephone contact that's a BIG no no ,( I'm still a coward !!!)
                      Sosad xx

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Flowerpower you are a " fountain of knowledge " really appreciate your swift replies ,your spot on about the red letters this one is almost all red!!! I'll post the letter suggested today .

Take care
                        Sosad xxx

Comment

That woman knows her stuff (or is that an oxymoron?)

Comment

Bank of Scotland credit card) now dealing with Blair Oliver and Scott.
                            taken out 2002/4ish
                            Balance £3148

date last paid full payment 2009.

April 23rd cancelled dmp payment and requested cca.

May 8th received CCA from Blair Oliver& Scott will email to Niddy.

May 11th received letter from b.o &s requiring immediate payment
                            May 15th Niddy has deemed this CCA Unenforceable
                            May 16th received CCA from HBoS
                            May 17th emailed it to Niddy
                            May 25th Niddy has deemed this one enforceable ,never mind can't win them all !
                            May 29th Received letter saying p

May29th Sent missing prescribed terms letter.
                            June13th Received letter from Blair ,Oliver &scott stating to contact them within five days ,threats are door
                            to door collectors and. Court action to seek a judgement against me
                            June 29th Received notice of intended court action from BOS stating papers are now being prepared for commencement of action through my local court to seek a judgement against me
                            July 3rd Sent threat to commence litigation letter
                            July 20th Received letter from bank of Scotland stating my account has been passed on to Apex Credit Management ,in same
                            envelope Apex letter asking me to contact them to make arrangements to pay as soon as possible
                            August 6th Sent Apex "telephone harassment " letter and "account in dispute", saved a few pennies!!!
                            August 9th Received from apex saying they will investigate my complaint

October 23rd. Received letter from Wescot stating they have been instructed to collect balance to avoid further action I must pay full amount or telephone them

October 24th. Sent account sold while in depute letter
                            Received letter from west cot stating B o S have advised them that they have sent cca numerous times and I have been making payments thus acknowledging the account etc. So wescot believe the dispute has been resolved and would I pay the full balance by return post or contact them to make payment arrangements .
                            What would be my next best step ? Thank you
                            Sosad xx

Comment

so did you received two CCAs for the same account?

are you blagging

if you are blagging, I'd send the "missing prescribed terms" to Westcot.

Comment

Hi there Sos Ad!

It doesn't look as though this one has yet been sold, so you are just dealing with an endless stream of equitable assignees. This current rabble are one of the most useless of all, so I would definitely keep going with your current strategy.

I agree with Mrs. D, start at the beginning and send this -

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                                if you are blagging, I'd send the "missing prescribed terms" to Westcot.
                                Interesting! When I didn't link to the templates, Niddy gave me one of these -

Would he dare to do that to one of his own mods, I wonder?

SH

Comment

Working...
                                X