GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is this challengeable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this challengeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this challengeable?

Hi Guys,

What a brilliant site, much to read here....

I'm currently running my own DMP with help from CAG etc.. I've hit a brick wall with a particular one - Halifax. I owe around 9K on a credit card, I've no PPI (I'm not that daft) and shouldn't be any charges. We agreed to a 5PCM in may 2011 until dec 2011, 0%, no charges and they refunded any already brought. So far so good.

I've recieved a couple of letters from Moorcroft on behalf of Halifax advising me to pay up or face court, which was a suprise, but the letters are all coulds and mays so just weezle words. (one was in comic sans font like you'll take that seriously ) They tried calling but I've barred them on my landline and not answered my mobile when they tried.

I've written to Moorcroft to tell them to go away I'm only dealing with Halifax, but that's all the contact I've had.

The card was opened in Nov 07 is it worth a try for UE I'd love to stick it too them if i can.

Thanks,
    Ian

Re: Is this challengeable?

Originally posted by tioaboa View Post
    I'd love to stick it to them if i can.
    What would you like to stick to Moroncroft?

Comment

Hi tioaboa,

If you are thinking of the UE route can we ask to have a read here first please:-

>Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First! - allaboutFORUMS

From what you have said so far in post #1 the dates may well be working against you as the normal cut off date was April 2007. However there may be other routes you can look at and I suggest that you read others diaries to see how they have dealt with their prob;ems. If you then post up the answers to the questions raised in the link we can then look at the situation for you.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Cheers Guys I'll have a look around. Any suggestions off the top of your head?

Comment

without seeing the agreement not a lot we can offer in the form of help regards unenforceability i'm afraid....

Opened Nov 07 means forget it - s.127 was repealled back in April of the same year....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok thanks Niddy I thought so but didn't hurt to check.

I'll have a chat with the guys in the DMP section about strategies then as I'm coming up to the first six months and they'll all be expecting me to be able to go back to full payments which I'm not, still as broke as i was when i started this off.

Comment

Hi toaboa,

Not my scene I'm afraid, but have a look around the site here as there are some really good people at doing self managed DMP's. Try looking SaltandVinegar for a start.

regards
              Garlok

Comment

brill thanks Garlok, love the quick responses here

Comment

Working...
                X