GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Very confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very confused

Hi

Bit of background - me and dh have debts with Very Catalogue. We pay about £45 a month each. My hours have been cut at work, leaving us about £200 a month down. There are a few things we got on BNPL which all come into effect between now and June.

As a result of the income drop, I have written to Very asking if they would accept £5 a month on each account. I am still waiting for a reply.

But, I did think that maybe it would be better if they sent the accounts to a DCA, at least that way they would be guaranteed a payment each month without letters backwards and forwards.

I was advised that the best way to get them to send it to a DCA is to stop paying altogether. However, I am a bit worried about any threatening letters which we will receive.

As far as I'm aware, its a low priority debt, and they rarely, if ever, end up in court, but I am a terrible worrier lol.

Please can someone tell me a little more about the CCA thing. If me and my husband pay them £1 and ask for a copy of our CCA, does that mean that if they can't produce a valid CCA with my (or my husbands) signature on it, then the debt is unenforceable and we don't have to pay them anything? I'm "very" confused - pardon the pun.

Thank you for your help
    Last edited by nattylou74; 1 December 2011, 13:20.

Re: Very confused

Hi & welcome ... have a read here > : UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you read the welcome thread we create for you (someone will link it here when it's live) then it lists the sections to read and that'll guide you a wee bit in the direction of UE etc......

Best of luck, give us a shout if you need anything
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        If you read the welcome thread we create for you (someone will link it here when it's live) then it lists the sections to read and that'll guide you a wee bit in the direction of UE etc......
        Welcome nattylou74 - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Working...
        X