GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script letsgetoutofde UE help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

letsgetoutofde UE help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letsgetoutofde UE help

Well hello to everyone...

After much reading for the last few weeks I think I need a change of approach. A brief update to all about my situation and realisations I have made.

In 2005 I found myself in financial difficulty I had £32000 worth of debt very irresponsible (lesson learnt) at age 21 and on an income of £15000 a year, it was a mess.

There were 4 debts Lloyds current account, Goldfish cc, Egg cc, Egg Loan. Firstly I will mention Lloyds overdraft £10000 defaulted Feb/06, received inheritance 6 months later £1000 same week offer of Full and final of £1000 came in accepted. CRA entry will be gone in 6 months. £10000 down £22000 to go.

Since mid 2005 I have had a DMP with CCCS, life savers at the time, working my way up from £50 to £115 now. They recommended bankruptcy however this may have been an issue for my employer at the time so I declined. If things carry on as is there would be 11years of payment for the outstanding £15000+ (sounds a long time).

Anyway 1 down 3 to go.... Goldfish CC, Credit limit £15000 when applying for this card I already had access to £22000 surely alarms bell should have rang. Account opened 1/2/05 six months later credit limit reached, end of year DMP agreed, default not issue until september 2008. Goldfish sold to Barclays in 2008, I have a copy of the DN and it doesn't contain my address not sure whether this matters any advice would be nice. I have read that Goldfish have lost a lot of paper work but I haven't as of yet requested any details from them I have happily paid them every week through DMP. After reading all the info on the web and this forum thiss debt still causes me most concern.

Egg Loan £8000 24/12/04 repayment amount £800 A MONTH unbelievable.... Defaulted June 2005, issued 3/6/05 to be paid by 16/6/05 invalid DN!!! Roughly £1500 remaining,RPI missold "you cant get credit without it" (I havent taken action about any issues YET). This was a round up loan for a previous loan a couple of months earlier, at least £600 of insurance form 2004, I didnt want to claim it due to DMP. Debt recently sold to Arrow.

Egg CC, invalid DN same reason as atleast 14 days not allowed to repay debt, no PPI,no action taken, DN 2005. £2000 remaining debt sold to apex in 2008.

I think thats everything and I think I know the path I am about to take. Any advice would be great particularly regarding Goldfish, I guess stop paying and ask for CCA as a start but what happens if they supply it?

Thanks and let us begin..

Re: letsgetoutofdebt UE help and diary

Hi LGOOD, good evening!!!

Firstly, please read the following thread, and provide us with the full information required

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5

It is important that you note that we cannot really provide you with advice, as we are not qualified to do that; but we can give you lots of information and support so that you can decide which path you wish to take.

The more information you provide us with, the better equipped we will be to support you.

Good luck with your journey,

diddly
    Last edited by diddlydee; 19 August 2011, 21:43. Reason: Can't spell my own name!
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Re: letsgetoutofdebt UE help and diary

welcome and god luck
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X