Three UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Three UK

I never paid anything ever. I had a contract with Three but cancelled it 13/11/06 with 30 days notice as I was emigrating Jan 2007.
    They phoned me and asked me to stay with then as pay as you go on this deal where I get £505.25 credit to use for free and told me how perfect it would be for me as I was emigrating in Jan 07 (none of which is in the transcript!).
    The bills I got up to Feb 07 showed what credit I had left but March 2007 bill showed I owed £4.08 so I tried to pay what I had used/gone over my free credit.
    This is when they told me it was an 18 month contract!!! LIES!!!! Why would I take an 18 month contract to emigrate ffs! Oh and why wouldn't I get myself a nice new handset like always??

I have there transcripts but they are all full of lies regarding my conversations with them!!

I have posted a letter below showing that it looks like they added it to my old contract that started in June 2006 but how can they state that when it clearly states on the transcripts that I phoned to give my 30 day cancellation.
    Last edited by sam; 6 November 2012, 19:58.

Comment

Letter they sent 19/5/11
      Attached Files

Comment

So thinking about this wouldn't it be SB 13/12/12 as they seem to think they've added it on to the end of the contract I cancelled 13/11/06?

Or SB Jan 2013 as I hadn't paid anything ever on this new (miss sold) contract that started December 2006?

Comment

Niddy?

Comment

You cancelled in nov 2006 but when did you last pay as there's usually a month in arrears..? Forget the new contract when you last pay the old contract?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Funny thing is looking back on the payments sheet below it says I paid the £4.08 in March 2007 but I didn't think I had paid it as I couldn't make a payment!!
              Looks like it's SB April 2013 then!!

You'll notice the £10 payment Niddy in June 2011? That was the SAR I sent!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Thought I'd post this I found on the CSA website....

In essence, providing you work within legislation and guidance, collection of statute barred accounts is a legitimate activity. However, if your debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred, these accounts should be closed and your records updated appropriately. This will reduce the number of accounts that could be placed back out for collection or sale, which in turn could lead to complaint and create further issues for the industry in this area.
                []Remember. Everytime a Soldier or Policemen loses thier job, everytime a school can't afford a book, everytime a streetlight has to be turned off - a bankers greed, incompetence and ineptitude played a large part. In Financial Services?, in a Bank? Then think on....you are helping this process along....

Comment

Hi Niddy,

Long time no post from me...

Just after some advice on this bloody phone debt!! I'll do it in bullet points to give you heads up.

I had a default drop off my credit file for this recently but I'm getting threats from Hamptons RE court action.
                  Defaulted amount £96, ammount the claim owing is £435
                  I allege this account was miss sold to me Dec 06 by Three, they say different.
                  I sent an offer of £75 to end this matter June 2011 which was ignored on numerous occasions then turned down.
                  I sent SAR Aug 2012 which they sent after much hassle but then paid the £10 SAR fee I sent of the owing balance as a dirty trick.

I have ignored them since but now the default has dropped off and it's SB from the last payment in 2007 can I send them the SB letter or is it not SB as I offered a payment in 2011 and that they paid £10 off my account which was SAR payment??

I want to know as Hamptons are threatening to take legal action etc?

Comment

sent an offer of £75 to end this matter June 2011
                    Its not SB if you made an offer in 2011.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's what I thought!! But I remember Niddy once saying that it can be SB even if an offer has been made if offered as Niddy said.
                      Just wanted to know what to do about it? Ignore or pay?
                      I did have a default on my credit file also but this has now dropped off so they can't default me again can they as I'm going for a mortgage soon.
                      Last edited by sam; 14 November 2013, 16:55.

Comment

Niddy?

Comment

As far as I'm aware, if you've made an offer you've acknowledged the debt so it won't be SB.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hold up, i think i recall something about a debt being SB before an offer is made, can not reset it from being SB? or have i got that wrong?

I understand if you make an offer within the limitations period, then it resets the SB clock, but i believe if an offer is made AFTER limitations Act kicks in, it can not reset the clock?

Perhaps the argument thus far about miss selling has not put paid to this as soon as it might have, had you gone with the SB route.

The SAR payment towards the debt will need dealing with, but it sounds like it could have been SB before any payment offer or account credit was made. Niddy needs to confirm this!

Comment

I was hopping Niddy would take a look..

Thanks for the input though.

Comment

Hiya, if you made the offer in 2011 then it'll affect SB as you've acknowledged the debt, haven't you? There's no escaping that really, however the DCA won't know about this and even if they do it's pretty easy to act daft and deny it ever occurred.

I would send the SB letter but edit a part to clearly state that the SAR fee from 2011 was the last credit to the account, which is a breach of debt collection guidelines and that you do not recognise that as being authorised by yourself to pay into the account.

you should be fine - they really don't wanna start court action or you'll be ripping them a new arsehole

ps If you need me, PM me
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X