Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Three UK

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Hold up, i think i recall something about a debt being SB before an offer is made, can not reset it from being SB? or have i got that wrong?

I understand if you make an offer within the limitations period, then it resets the SB clock, but i believe if an offer is made AFTER limitations Act kicks in, it can not reset the clock?

Perhaps the argument thus far about miss selling has not put paid to this as soon as it might have, had you gone with the SB route.

The SAR payment towards the debt will need dealing with, but it sounds like it could have been SB before any payment offer or account credit was made. Niddy needs to confirm this!
    The contract was cancelled in November 2006 so it wouldn't have been SB when the offer was made in June 2011 even if the OP were in Scotland (which they aren't.)
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Niddy...
      I may as well ignore them then rather than play letter tennis with them?
      Is there a link to SB letters in case i need it?

Thanks again :-)

Comment

The SB letter is here
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Niddy and all...
          Ok this does not want to disappear!

quick back ground
          I had a default drop off my credit file for this recently but I'm getting threats from BW Legal now RE legal proceedings etc.
          Defaulted amount was £96, ammount they claim owing is £435
          I allege this account was miss sold to me Dec 06 by Three, they say different.
          I last made a payment of £4.08 march 2007
          I sent an offer of £75 to end this matter in 2011 which was ignored on numerous occasions then turned down.
          I sent SAR May 2011 to which they replied they had sold the debt now and sent nothing. In the end they sent it after much hassle but then paid the £10 SAR fee I sent of the owing balance as a dirty trick surely to make it look like I paid them?

I Goggled BW Legal and from the looks of it they like to issue a Statutory Demand?? i really don't want this landing on me so shall I hit them with a SB letter?????
          I'll post a copy of the letter BW Legal sent me.
          Also a letter from Lowells admitting they used the SAR £10 to pay off the balance of the Three bill. Note this letter is 5 months after I sent my SAR.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sam; 14 May 2014, 04:32.

Comment

This is already SB so you do not need to worry. All you need to do is to register to AAD --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-New-Templates

Login - then come here and click this link --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...barred-england

Send that to BW legal.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm already a member Niddy..

Even though I made an offer acknowledging the debt I can go SB?
              Do I send it to both BW or Lowells?

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                I'm already a member Niddy..

Even though I made an offer acknowledging the debt I can go SB?
                Do I send it to both BW or Lowells?
                Send to BW

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Send that to BW legal.
                I doubt the offer would affect SB tbh, we'll argue that if and when it becomes an issue. Right now they'll fight back saying you paid £10 in but then we show them Lowells letter confirming it was for a SAR hence an error that must be retrospectively put back so forget that - you're home and dry mate. Well done
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy I'll get that letter off to them once i'm in the template site :-)

Comment

Ok so I sent the SB letter and the response is below...
                    Note they say I had a phone conversation with them!! I did NOT!

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6beaccb3.png
                    Last edited by sam; 22 May 2014, 15:16.

Comment

Now received the letter below!!

Comment

can you email me the letter please and not use crappy-bucket

Comment

I couldn't add to the email!
                          http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/...psea2e4e38.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X