Three UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Three UK

Well I'd not go that far to suggest court based purely on comp and no financial loss, consequential or otherwise.

However, in amongst making an offer there should be a formal complaint to the ico regards non SAR to allow you to defend this wholly disputed account.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The first response from 3, signed by Ms Aleesha Celeb, merely acknowledged receipt of the SAR.

The second letter from 3, signed pp. Lisa Snot of their "Executive Office", was just arrogantly dismissive of the claims made to David "Dirty" Dyson; it again acknowledged that a subject access request had been made and, this time, promised that their data protection wallah would be dealing with it shortly - which they have yet to do.

Quite apart from complaining to the ICO and/or seeking a court order compelling their compliance with the SAR, that letter apparently from Lisa Snot would inspire me to complain to OFCOM - link - about the way the second contract had been mis-sold.

Comment

Good thinking
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Mate I suspect that you actually agreed to a renewal in the June, ie 6 months earlier than expected, I really don't know and without SAR not a lot you can do.

Why don't you go in with a cheeky offer to settle for £100 or something, get closure on this?
          No I didn't I cancelled my contract 30 days before it ended as they told me to. They then phoned to offer me a new one and I told them that I was emigrating so no need for a new contract as i was getting a pay as you go sim until I move to Spain, then the guy on the phone offered me this pay as you go with 400 pound credit. There was NO mention of a bloody contract!! Look if I was going to mug them off and go to Spain then I would of got myself a nice new handset!!

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            The first response from 3, signed by Ms Aleesha Celeb, merely acknowledged receipt of the SAR.

The second letter from 3, signed pp. Lisa Snot of their "Executive Office", was just arrogantly dismissive of the claims made to David "Dirty" Dyson; it again acknowledged that a subject access request had been made and, this time, promised that their data protection wallah would be dealing with it shortly - which they have yet to do.

Quite apart from complaining to the ICO and/or seeking a court order compelling their compliance with the SAR, that letter apparently from Lisa Snot would inspire me to complain to OFCOM - link - about the way the second contract had been mis-sold.
            I wouldn't know where to start!!
            I'm the small fish they push around :-(

Comment

Right, first things first. Send a complaint to ico regards failures in SAR.

Leave it at that until they come back to you

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Right, first things first. Send a complaint to ico regards failures in SAR.

Leave it at that until they come back to you
                Shall I request everything from June 2005 up to now?
                Do I also tell Three that I have complained?
                What about Hamptons and Red?
                Last edited by sam; 4 August 2011, 13:35.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                  Shall I request everything from June 2005 up to now?
                  No, as you have already requested it.

This time, you demand it.

Do I also tell Three that I have complained?
                  Leave that as a surprise for them.

What about Hamptons and Red?
                  You will need the data from the SAR to substantiate your assertion that the second contract was mis-sold and that, as far as you were aware, it did not exist as you believed Three had moved you to PAYG.
                  Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 4 August 2011, 13:52.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

You will need the data from the SAR to substantiate your assertion that the second contract was mis-sold and that, as far as you were aware, it did not exist as you believed Three had moved you to PAYG.
                    OK do I write to them or ignore them for now?

Complaint sent to ICO..

Comment

Ignore as advised above by CC.

He explained; technically without SAR you can't possibly admit or deny can you?

Comment

Got an email today from free, message below.. Could the ICO of been in touch that quick?

Dear ,

You will be receiving by special delivery tomorrow or Monday at the latest the information we have to date been able to pull off the system.

Kind regards,

Data Protection Officer

Comment

Ok got this letter below and the same statements as the part SAR they sent before.
                          No statements from June 2005 - Nov 06!!
                          Also some notes from their files stating I phoned to give my 30 notice on 13/11/2006
                          Then on the 14/11/2006 it says customer lost, going abroad, Raised SO for conversion to prepay.
                          Look, I was never told this was a contract!!! WHY would I sign up to an 18 month bloody contract when I'm moving abroad??
                          Attached Files

Comment

by looks of things they are claiming that you upgraded to an 18month contract with a reduced line rental after asking for PAYG conversion.

Obviously you were mis led by the adviser that sold this contract upgrade in the first place.

i'd be citing that why once you had converted to PAYG would you then change back to a contract, especially one that would be useless to you abroad.
                            It makes no sense.

Also the fact that this "upgrade" was performed by an outgoing sales call. Not you requesting this.
                            typical phone sales rep misleading customers.
                            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Exactly but Three will not accept this, so where do I go from here with this?

Comment

The tariff you went onto is as follows

VTT1100 tariff (£45 a month)

1st 6 months you get Double Minutes and Texts 1200 X/Net + 800 SMS. You also get 7 months 1/2 price, so £22.50 rather than £45 a month.
                                The tariff you were on, prior to changing is as follows:

VTT1300 tariff (£30 per month)

300 Minutes and 1000 Texts, 50 MMS & Free £5. You also got £50 for phoning 3 direct as an incentive...
                                Does any of the above ring any bells? You need the full SAR including notes from the time given, however I feel you're losing a losing battle here - as previously stated, it "may" be best for you to come to some sort of settlement and then fight about the details after. All you can do right now is go to the ICO - that's it, as things stand, as all 3 have done is breached SAR (i.e. s.7 DPA1998)

Comment

Working...
                                X