Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Three UK

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Send an advanced SAR from the UE templates and see what they send you. Do not pay anything just yet. You'll need to remove anything that mentions acts of cca1874 as it doesn't apply!
    Nor would it, as ye mobile telephone had yet to be invented.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Nor would it, as ye mobile telephone had yet to be invented.
      Too true.... remember Rabbit phones
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
        Just a quick one...
        I was creating a new folder to deal with this, so as I got all my old debt collection letters together and found the letter below!
        It may be interesting that, on 12 June 2008, those idiots at CSL stated their only available course of action on the alleged debt was to send a doorstep collection agent to bother you.

This seems to suggest that CSL had ruled out taking the alleged debtor to court - and one might wonder why. Did they know that the alleged debt was legally unenforceable?

Comment

It may be interesting that, on 12 June 2008, those idiots at CSL stated their only available course of action on the alleged debt was to send a doorstep collection agent to bother you.

This seems to suggest that CSL had ruled out taking the alleged debtor to court - and one might wonder why. Did they know that the alleged debt was legally unenforceable?
          Ahem, quite possibly indeed
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Too true.... remember Rabbit phones
            Just about, though I never used one. IIRC, they were based on "hotspots" rather than using cellular wireless technology and, as the coverage was less than complete, they were of questionable use.

Comment

Just about, though I never used one. IIRC, they were based on "hotspots" rather than using cellular wireless technology and, as the coverage was less than complete, they were of questionable use.
              Exactly, they were dotted about London in phone-booth like things - see this:

Rabbit_%28telecommunications%29

Comment

They can still sell a debt, just cos you SAR'd them - forget that, for the moment you need to wait for the SAR - they have 40 days to respond.

As for the new DCA that is involved, ignore them for now, if they write back i'll sort you a response to send off ok? In the meantime just keep an eye on the dates as after 40 days you need to report them to the ICO.

Please clarify who you sent the SAR to?
                I sent the SAR to Three as they stated that if I didn't pay then they would ship it out.

Is it 40 working days?

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                  I sent the SAR to Three as they stated that if I didn't pay then they would ship it out.

Is it 40 working days?
                  Well done, ok give them the full 40 days - no, just calendar days - its not working days.

Don't worry about the dca - i'll sort them if they get too smart, just chill out yea...

Comment

Well done, ok give them the full 40 days - no, just calendar days - its not working days.

Don't worry about the dca - i'll sort them if they get too smart, just chill out yea...
                    Thank Niddy..

40 days is 5th July but i'm on holiday until the 8th!!

Comment

I had a sms message on my landline today telling me to call Red! Not sure if they are anyrthing to do with this but I found a thread via Google that suggests so..
                      Ive never heard from Red before so this must be to do with this bill thing and looking at the thread they are linked with Lowells.

Letter from - I'm convinced it's not mine! - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Comment

Same advice Sam - wait until July 8th when you get back from holiday. It is normal practice with an SAR to wait the 40 calendar days then give another week to ensure they've defaulted on their legal obligations.

Lowells and Red are one and the same, so don't worry about that, Niddy has already said he'll sort them if they get above themselves, so don't worry - just concentrate on enjoying your holiday for the minute.

That previous letter - I must confess I'd only skimmed it. I didn't fully take in that first line saying thank you for your SAR then say they're passing it to a DCA. I think that is disgusting - keep it safe.

Comment

Thanks Casper..
                          I did think the first line of the letter was a bit odd too but hey ho..

Got my fisrt letter from Red today so I don't know if Niddy needs to do anything about them?

Leter from Red 30/6/11
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think the answer will be ignore it for the moment.

Comment

OK the 40 days is up on the SAR (5/7/11) and i've had nothing from Three!!
                              The only thing i've had is that letter above from Red.

Now what???

Comment

Now what Niddy?
                                Is there something I need to send?

Comment

Working...
                                X