Three UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Three UK

Also, its weird that you rung on 14th November and said you were leaving for Spain, yet a month later on 14 December 2006 they clearly note that you took a new contract.

These are the key dates, I don't see what 2005 has to do with this, it is all based on these two conversations, one from you cancelling then the next, from 3, adding notes about the upgrade.

I am under no doubt that these records pass as completion of SAR as it shows you the dates in question, it shows you comments of conversations and clearly shows that although you'd rung to cancel, you never and agreed an extension a month later on 14 December 2006.

Whatever else you may have thought took place, didn't - as the notes suggest.

Based on the tariffs and deals in place at that time, I suspect you took a new deal as they were offering some cracking stuff, with this cashback added back to the account meant some people were paying like £5 per month for a decent contract - see this for some idea's of that tariff at that time

---> 3 Retention Deals - Page 2 - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Sorry matey, unless you have any proof then you need to consider this a total loss and look to either ignore for the full 6 years to get SB or come to some settlement.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Also, its weird that you rung on 14th November and said you were leaving for Spain, yet a month later on 14 December 2006 they clearly note that you took a new contract.

These are the key dates, I don't see what 2005 has to do with this, it is all based on these two conversations, one from you cancelling then the next, from 3, adding notes about the upgrade.

I am under no doubt that these records pass as completion of SAR as it shows you the dates in question, it shows you comments of conversations and clearly shows that although you'd rung to cancel, you never and agreed an extension a month later on 14 December 2006.

Whatever else you may have thought took place, didn't - as the notes suggest.

Based on the tariffs and deals in place at that time, I suspect you took a new deal as they were offering some cracking stuff, with this cashback added back to the account meant some people were paying like £5 per month for a decent contract - see this for some idea's of that tariff at that time

---> 3 Retention Deals - Page 2 - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Sorry matey, unless you have any proof then you need to consider this a total loss and look to either ignore for the full 6 years to get SB or come to some settlement.

I phoned 30 days before my contract expired to give them the required 30 days notice (14 Nov). Then they phoned me 14th Dec and asked if I would like to keep the number on a pay as you go as that way I could keep my number and they would give me this awesome credit so Isaid hell yes..
      I was never told nor did I receive any documents from them to sugest it was a contract!!
      I complained to the ICO.

Anyway I got the letter below from Lowells.
      I was thinking of offering them the £96.16 they have defaulted me on and tell them I will be pursing this legaly against Three as this was mis sold to me.
      I will also attach a letter from Wescott that shows them offering me a to pay the debt off for £76.00.
      What do you think Niddy???
      I'll write something up later and email it to you for your perusal if that's OK
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sam; 8 August 2011, 11:55.

Comment

Mate

I am sorry, I cannot sit here and watch you do this - you'll spend a fortune to save pennies - it's a no brainer! Pay something, settle it and walk away.

Right now the evidence from their systems clearly show you had a contract, nothing you can do or say in court will change that fact - unless you have proof, now a fully recorded transcript of conversation would suffice - without this, then they will win.

Just make an offer and drop it, seriously. I know it's annoying you, mate I have had £150k of debt taken in my name so I do understand how pissed off you must feel but you know what, so what - it's life, sometimes you get scammed - nuffin you can about it i'm afraid, you win some and lose others.

I would offer £50 to walk away, as F&F. When they say no go to £75 and finally £100 - that's it. No higher.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Mate

I am sorry, I cannot sit here and watch you do this - you'll spend a fortune to save pennies - it's a no brainer! Pay something, settle it and walk away.

Right now the evidence from their systems clearly show you had a contract, nothing you can do or say in court will change that fact - unless you have proof, now a fully recorded transcript of conversation would suffice - without this, then they will win.

Just make an offer and drop it, seriously. I know it's annoying you, mate I have had £150k of debt taken in my name so I do understand how pissed off you must feel but you know what, so what - it's life, sometimes you get scammed - nuffin you can about it i'm afraid, you win some and lose others.

I would offer £50 to walk away, as F&F. When they say no go to £75 and finally £100 - that's it. No higher.
          Yep your right Niddy..
          I'll do as you say.
          Is there a F&F template or should I just write a letter?

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
            Yep your right Niddy..
            I'll do as you say.
            Is there a F&F template or should I just write a letter?
            See these - Templates - Making Offers

However a simple letter saying "will you accept £50 in F&F" will suffice.....
            Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 7 January 2012, 13:48.

Comment

See these - Templates - Making Offers

However a simple letter saying "will you accept £50 in F&F" will suffice.....
              Cheers Nid..

Will you have a quick look at my Egg post last page please mate as I'm stuck as to what to do at the moment!
              Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 7 January 2012, 13:48.

Comment

Cheers Nid..

Will you have a quick look at my Egg post last page please mate as I'm stuck as to what to do at the moment!
                Hold fire on this as well mate. I'll sort you 3 templates so it deals with all the outstanding issues between red/egg/three

Back later

Comment

Mate

The £50 offer was refused but they offered me 15% off! (letter below).
                  Now what do I do, send the same letter but with £75 like you suggested or is there anything else that needs to go in the letter?
                  Attached Files

Comment

The £50 offer was refused but they offered me 15% off! (letter below).
                    Now what do I do, send the same letter but with £75 like you suggested or is there anything else that needs to go in the letter?
                    Anthrax spores?

Comment

• Re: Three UK

Niddy?

Comment

Hi Sam,

I think Niddy is up to his ears in website testing at the moment. If it is really urgent drop him a gentle PM.

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

Hiya

Ok, just a send a quick draft back along the lines of

"I note the comments in your letter dated XX however you fail to see my point, I have made what I feel is a suitable offer to settle this totally disputed balance, which for the record is nowhere near the balance you quote in your letters and your refusal only serves to make me dig my heels in more, because I was abroad at the time of this alleged contract. Therefore, in order to retain what little dignity you have left, I would strongly urge you to accept an offer of £75 in F&F settlement of this balance otherwise you'll get nothing, and I'll just continue my formal complaint with OFCOM and ignore your future unlawful threats.

I look forward to your acceptance of my offer, within the next 14 days, prior to it being revoked for ever"

Then see what that does....

Out of interest, read this; ---> Complaints about mobile phones

I know there is confusion with your case, but still - I think you may be able to plead ignorance as if "why would you take out a new contract when you were moving abroad" but it's something I cannot get tied down with right now....

Comment

Hiya

Ok, just a send a quick draft back along the lines of

"I note the comments in your letter dated XX however you fail to see my point, I have made what I feel is a suitable offer to settle this totally disputed balance, which for the record is nowhere near the balance you quote in your letters and your refusal only serves to make me dig my heels in more, because I was abroad at the time of this alleged contract. Therefore, in order to retain what little dignity you have left, I would strongly urge you to accept an offer of £75 in F&F settlement of this balance otherwise you'll get nothing, and I'll just continue my formal complaint with OFCOM and ignore your future unlawful threats.

I look forward to your acceptance of my offer, within the next 14 days, prior to it being revoked for ever"

Then see what that does....

Out of interest, read this; ---> Complaints about mobile phones

I know there is confusion with your case, but still - I think you may be able to plead ignorance as if "why would you take out a new contract when you were moving abroad" but it's something I cannot get tied down with right now....
                            Great thanks Niddy.

Should I also add that even though I have complained to the ICO about my SAR not being fullfilled, it still has not been suplied to me in full! And I will be following up my complaint to the ICO along with my complaint to OFCOM.

Also the letter from Lowells states "thier client". Shall I send this direct to the exec's office and cut out Lowells?

Comment

Great thanks Niddy.

Should I also add that even though I have complained to the ICO about my SAR not being fullfilled, it still has not been suplied to me in full! And I will be following up my complaint to the ICO along with my complaint to OFCOM.

Also the letter from Lowells states "thier client". Shall I send this direct to the exec's office and cut out Lowells?
                              nah send it to lowell..... forget 3 for the moment

Comment

nah send it to lowell..... forget 3 for the moment
                                OK Cheers Niddy.

Shall I add my bit about the ICO?

Comment

Working...
                                X