GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HFX C.Card from 2002 now with 1st Credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HFX C.Card from 2002 now with 1st Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFX C.Card from 2002 now with 1st Credit

Hi everyone
    I'm being pursued by 1st Credit for an old HFX Ccard debt – not stat barred until August/Sept
    Haven't received Claim yet, but they have had Lester Aldridge write to me giving me 16days to pay 1st Credit etc etc

I can upload or PM several pics here hoping for some help/advice to evolve a defence when the time comes, and to see if it's UE.

I notice from the DN pics, that I'm given 28 days to remedy, but they terminated after 16 days from date of DN. I know the statutory minimum is 14 days, but surely if they offer 28 days on the DN to remedy, they should give me the 28 days?!
    The DN makes ref to clause 2.2, but the pic of clause 2.2 doesn't seem relevant

I spoke with a girl from HFX who confirmed the Default date, and that they use 2nd class post...she wasn't sure what they used back in 2011.
    While I have the termination letter from Dec 2011, they say it terminated almost a year later.

Please ping me if you can help
    Thanks
    S

Re: HFX C.Card from 2002 now with 1st Credit

Originally posted by arklst1976 View Post
    I'm being pursued by 1st Credit for an old HFX Ccard debt – not stat barred until August/Sept
    Haven't received Claim yet, but they have had Lester Aldridge write to me giving me 16days to pay 1st Credit etc
    Hello

Lester Aldridge is a law firm.

Have you been sent a Letter Before Claim/Action from the firm with a deadline to respond (16 days or else they will issue legal proceedings without further notice) ?

Di

Comment

I can upload or PM several pics here hoping for some help/advice to evolve a defence when the time comes, and to see if it's UE.
      Were any of the documents you received as a result of a formal section 77/78 CCA Request?

No need to upload them. Email them to Niddy using the email in his signature.

Di

Comment

Awaiting a close up pic of the terms as per my earlier email.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy says they all look good...nevermind
          It's not a great amount, so if I have to pay, so be it...
          Cheers for the help though guys

Comment

Niddy says they all look good...nevermind
            It's not a great amount, so if I have to pay, so be it...
            Was that letter from Lester Aldridge solicitors a LBA with a deadline before they will issue legal proceedings?

If so you may want to send them the forum's LBA response template letter if that buys you time until the debt becomes Statute Barred in August.

The letter is at the bottom of post # 1 in this link >

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495036

(you'll need to change the date on the Word document)

Di

Comment

Working...
            X