GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA "League Table" - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA "League Table"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA "League Table"

Hi

Most of the debts I have are now managed or owned by DCA's having defaulted between Sept 2009 and June 2010. Mostly they're with Cabot (or derivatives like Marlin), Moorcroft and Cap Quest. Having kicked things off by inadvertently choosing one of the more litigious DCA's in PRA I wondered if there was some kind of "league table" or similar that shows which DCA's are easier to prove UN against; that is, are Cabot more difficult that Moorcroft? Are Cap Quest less efficient in these terms than Cabot and so on.

Also, I have three accounts with Cap Quest and five with Moorcroft. Should I send the CCA letter for all three Cap Quest accounts at the same time or pick them one at a time? Does it make any difference!

Thanks

Re: DCA "League Table"

Yes, some dcas do seem to be easier to argue UN with (Moorcroft is usually one of the very easy ones) but, even so, there doesn't seem to be any rules about which debts dcas might pursue vigourously and which they tend to leave alone. There have been member here who have had several debts with the same dca but the dca's activity has been different for each debt.

I weould send all your cca requests at the same time but in different envelopes. Others might think differently.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I would image it depends on the agreement itself in the first instance , how and when it was created. How they then enforce it , may be then could give rise to a "league" table. I found Hillesden or Mydlk. were pretty ruthless, but thats cos they took me to court. I wouldn't turn my back or settle into the sofa with any of them. They had a bad night or rollocking off the boss, who says how they will behave
      Last edited by Susiebling365; 11 February 2017, 13:45. Reason: typo
      If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppelin View Post
        I have three accounts with Cap Quest and five with Moorcroft. Should I send the CCA letter for all three Cap Quest accounts at the same time or pick them one at a time? Does it make any difference!
        It doesn't make a difference whether you send them all at the same time or one at a time. But I see no reason not to get on with things. It's very satisfying when you get a letter back saying they haven't got the documents so the account is put on hold and collections activity ceased. That's the aim anyway.

A CCA Request is 'account specific' so you must send a separate one for each debt making it clear which debt you are referencing. The CCA Request may vary depending on whether it's a loan (s.77) or credit card (s.78) or HP (s.79) or an overdraft.

Use the reference they are using for you if it's a debt purchaser. If you give them the original account number you will be giving them information which they may not already have so it makes it easier for them to create a recon if they need to.

Less is more with UE (i.e. ask don't tell).

Di

Comment

Thanks all. I sent three separate CCA requests to Cap Quest today and am hopeful of two of them - maybe less so the third. Several more CCA letters being sent later this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppelin View Post
            Most of the debts I have are now managed or owned by DCA's having defaulted between Sept 2009 and June 2010......
            So presumably your credit file is clear then; the entries for any debts from 2009/2010 should ALL now be removed from your credit file.

Not that it matters, but whilst you're new at CCA's it might be an idea to get a Noddle report to check - in case any of them have duplicated old defaults etc. Of course, if you've no intentions of utilising credit then it won't matter but even whilst fighting UE a lot of us keep a good account clear so we can at least have access to a bank and/or card.

Up to you but itll it'll be harder to remedy after so many years if they have messed up anywhere. Plus right now you're not off the radar so it's not alerting anyone unnecessarily either.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

All but one of my defaults is off my credit file; the last one should be but Barclaycard put a later default date on the file than was correct. I'm not that bothered though as even with their date the default will be off in May 2017. There's actually two entries on the file but both in respect of the same account - one from Barclaycard and the other from Arrow Global - both will be off in May however. I did take it up with Debt Managers who are acting for their client (Arrow Global) before I knew about UE but they've just messed about saying they're looking in to it.

I hadn't heard of Noodle until I saw some threads on the site tonight and will check it out. I'm not particularly bothered about future access to credit though as I definitely won't be taking out a new mortgage, looking for a loan or (and especially) applying for a credit card!!

Comment

Noddle is basically a snapshot of Call Credit or there's Clearscore which is using Equifax data.

Both are 100% free but Noddle is owned & managed by the actual CRA so it's 100% up to date normally.

Regards barclays - there should be 2 entries; the first from Barclays with the start date & default date then the second entry should be in the dca details with the same default date as shown on Barclays now "settled / satisfied" entry. However it's no big deal as they'll be gone in 3 months.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy. I'll be in touch soon!!-

Comment

For clarity -

MBNA 1 = The oldest account from 1995 - where PRA say in their letter that it's UE - no response necessary;

MBNA 2 = The newer account from 2002 - you need to respond with Missing Prescribed Terms template (to PRA)

clear

Comment

Crystal clear Niddy, thanks again

Comment

All the best x
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                        X