GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Claim Form recieved - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claim Form recieved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form recieved

Evening everyone,

Now its been a while since i posted on here due to the fact i have been happily keeping people at bay for a few years and took some advice from a friend to think about this stuff only when i had to for the benfit of my health.
    But, as always something pops up for the first time and lack of experience stops me from dealing with it myself. So here goes:

My wifes old sky credit card (barclaycard) is in default, as of 2012, sold to MKDP in Aug 2014, balance under 2 grand and a few threats here and there fended off. A CCA request was sent quite some time ago to which a upto date print out of modern terms totally unrelated to my missus was sent. Only thing on it relating to her was here printed name but you could tell it wasnt even a mock up as they clearly dont have it. Totally generic. It covered several pages.

Anyway, claim from Northhampton arrived today from Howard Cohen Sols. Now they are claiming the original amount PLUS interest at 8 percent from 2012 and future interest as well along with usual court costs.

Now, this means they havent shown any sign of the original agreement and are claiming interest from about 2 years before they owned the account. Is this allowed? Nothing would suprise me.
    Anyway, not sure what to do, whether to try to make arrangement or send a defence. Not sure what the climate is for these things these days. Her mental health isnt great and want to shield her as much as i can.

So to summise, not sure whether to file defence which i havent done before or try to mediate. Any thoughts from the people in the know?

Thanks to all

Re: Claim Form recieved

Try not to worry as someone with the correct info will be along shortly, and good luck with this.

Comment

I'll flag it up for you wills x
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you guys. :-)

Comment

Just bear with x
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

To slightly edit my post, there is no printed account number on the 'agreement' and the name of hers that is printed is her maiden name and the claim is in her current married name. No page that has a signature box either, only a box to cancel.

Comment

send it off to Niddy at his usual email address and don't do anything else until he gets back to you. How much is it?

Comment

Original amount up until claim is 1760, now on claim form with backdated interest and costs 2600. I will dig out his email and send it. Thanks

Comment

I am boogered if i can find how to do it! Anyone help out, sending email screen doesnt show attachments as far as i can see though i must have done it before.

Comment

Unenforceability Checking Service-Online Portal

or

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you! Have done it now. What a wally haha

Comment

You are not a Wally......so less of that

You have done everything right in sending what has been received to Niddy for checking

I know it is hard, I speak from personal experience, But please try not to worry about this - You seem to be doing just fine so far

All you can do at the minute is get any scrap of paperwork/files that relate to this account to hand. In particular any CCA requests etc

As others have said, don't do anything until you hear back from Niddy - Any concerns you have, please flag them up on here before acting

You are obviously aware that you have some documentation that would support your case etc so I would advise, Now that a claim has been issued, That you don't say too much on what is essentially a public forum just at the minute

Fingers crossed that all will run smoothly with this, You are in really good hands here

Comment

Hi Willy

As others have said, don't panic, although you're now on strict timeframes, you also have more time than you think.

In answer to your question - should I defend, or should I mediate, even if you put in a defence, there is an option to select mediation, which both sides can attempt before things get to a trial.

But that is still some time off yet, and to give you some hope, MKDP and HC have had plenty of spankings at trial in recent months so if their paperwork isn't in order you have every chance of doing the same.

Each case is different, and has its own merits and risks, so sit tight for now and lets see what the legal experts say based on the paperwork you've received.

Best of luck

SnV
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Please email me the claim form (N1) - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
                              Anyway, not sure what to do, whether to try to make arrangement or send a defence.
                              Please send me the CCA stuff and N1 claim form and we can get it to our solicitor to evaluate for you..... don't do anything (drastic) - you've plenty of time.

You uploaded some stuff but on my phone I can't really see it and I need to send to Jo as well so email is better as I can forward your email with attachments. Thanks.
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X