GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default removal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default removal

Hi all
    I was wondering if there is any way I can get a default removed from my file. I had a debt that was last paid in early 2008 but it was not defaulted until the end of 2011.
    Eventually it got handed to a DCA who have confirmed it as statute barred. My credit file was last updated with this debt (showing an 8) at the end of 2014 but obviously due to the time it took them to default I still have the debt showing for another year!

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Default removal

It won't affect you if +3yrs old and at same address as -3yrs ago (unless you wanted mortgage)....

They should default earlier, but clearly haven't. You can formally complain & then utilise FOS but is it worth it if you aren't mortgaging....?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Default removal

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      It won't affect you if +3yrs old and at same address as -3yrs ago (unless you wanted mortgage)....

They should default earlier, but clearly haven't. You can formally complain & then utilise FOS but is it worth it if you aren't mortgaging....?

Hi Niddy, yes I thought that might be the case, if it was quick and easy I would do it. Hopefully I wont be looking at a mortgage for another year!
      Many thanks

Bos

Comment

Working...
      X