GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
    Apologies it wouldn't let me attach the images but the letter from Tesco Bank and from intrum both clearly state intrum UK finance limited. The company number at the bottom of intrums initial correspondence is 04140507.
    Originally posted by Ballister View Post
    Intrum UK Finance Limited - this company is not FCA registered
    So Intrum UK Limited is FCA registered Intrum UK Limited (fca.org.uk)
    BUT Intrum UK Finance Limited isn't FCA registered

see here
    Intrum UK Finance - AAD Consumer Forum (all-about-debt.co.uk)

So Make a note in your records and Diary of whom the legal owner is
    Details like this are important!!
    Last edited by Roger; 8 April 2022, 00:55.

Comment

Tesco Bank Personal loan brought by Intrum UK finance limited in Jan 2022
      Opened online June 2017 original amount £24,500
      Last full payment date September 2018
      Regular £43 monthly payments from Feb 2021
      Remaining balance £21,000 (sorry balance was wrong in the original diary).
      No CCA request sent on this
      Updated to confirm debt purchased by Intrum UK finance limited.

Comment

Tesco Bank Credit card purchased by Intrum UK finance limited Jan 2022
        opened online 2004
        Last full payment date September 2018
        No payments made for the last 11 months
        Remaining balance £10,000
        CCA request previously sent to tesco bank thought to be unenforceable
        Updated to confirm debt purchased by Intrum UK finance limited.

Comment

Barclaycard credit card account now with PRA
          Opened online 2011
          Last full payment made September 2018
          No payments made for 11 months
          No contact from PRA other than the odd email asking me to pay something.
          CCA request previously sent and advised unenforceable
          Remaining Balance £13,000
          March 2022 letter from PRA to state Moorcroft will be chasing the debt.
          Update for letter received from PRA to say Moorcroft are recovering the debt.

Comment

• Moorcroft hoping to make money getting you to pay (On commissions)
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Should I send the SAR to Tesco now or should I wait in case there is more interaction between them and intrum to capture? Not sure how this works really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

So Intrum UK Limited is FCA registered Intrum UK Limited (fca.org.uk)
                BUT Intrum UK Finance Limited isn't FCA registered

see here

So Make a note in your records and Diary of whom the legal owner is
                Details like this are important!!
                I had a shop direct debt with Intrum UK Finance and I had one doorstep visit (I wasn't in), I had letters every so often offering me ridiculous amounts off, it went Statute barred last year and I haven't heard a peep out of them since.

The only thing I did when I found that they were unregistered (thank you AAD) was to get a copy of my credit report, it was probably a pointless exercise but I just assumed that if they did try anything in regards to changing companies then I would have proof of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrreese6018 View Post

I had a shop direct debt with Intrum UK Finance and I had one doorstep visit (I wasn't in), I had letters every so often offering me ridiculous amounts off, it went Statute barred last year and I haven't heard a peep out of them since.

The only thing I did when I found that they were unregistered (thank you AAD) was to get a copy of my credit report, it was probably a pointless exercise but I just assumed that if they did try anything in regards to changing companies then I would have proof of this.
                  I really don't want doorstep visitors and I have to admit the thought of receiving a letter before claim absolutely terrifies me. I still don't quite understand how my debt being with intrum UK finance and them not being FCA registered benefits me. I just assumed if they take legal action they have the same chance as any other creditor against me.

Comment

I really don't want doorstep visitors and I have to admit the thought of receiving a letter before claim absolutely terrifies me. I still don't quite understand how my debt being with intrum UK finance and them not being FCA registered benefits me. I just assumed if they take legal action they have the same chance as any other creditor against me.
                    Intrum can always issue a Claim even if you have been paying monthly!

AAD members all started where you are NOW.
                    If you search and read the Diaries you will see we have all experienced these same fears and terrors.

I did give you a link to the Intrum specific information and which explains this FCA issue.

The cost of Fuel has gone Up and a high Inflation figure is projected for this year.
                    Fuel, Food, Health, Rent, Rates, Insurance, Cars etc.. Are priority DEBTS .
                    Priority Debts are place before Unsecured Consumer Credit.
                    As the Cost of Living is and has risen and I doubt where your income has it means less if any surplus monies will be available to pay these DEBTS.
                    Living Costs Inflated and without an increase in INCOME.

So ask yourself this question ! If you have NO surplus money how can you continue to Pay.
                    Better to calm down look at each Debt individually and making Notes of Sic Legal owner (and whether FCA authorised).
                    Documents under Consumer Credit Act are these in order or NOT.

Save monies towards a fighting fund!

Confidence increases with knowledge! Thats what so many of US with AAD have discovered!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

Intrum can always issue a Claim even if you have been paying monthly!

AAD members all started where you are NOW.
                      If you search and read the Diaries you will see we have all experienced these same fears and terrors.

I did give you a link to the Intrum specific information and which explains this FCA issue.

The cost of Fuel has gone Up and a high Inflation figure is projected for this year.
                      Fuel, Food, Health, Rent, Rates, Insurance, Cars etc.. Are priority DEBTS .
                      Priority Debts are place before Unsecured Consumer Credit.
                      As the Cost of Living is and has risen and I doubt where your income has it means less if any surplus monies will be available to pay these DEBTS.
                      Living Costs Inflated and without an increase in INCOME.

So ask yourself this question ! If you have NO surplus money how can you continue to Pay.
                      Better to calm down look at each Debt individually and making Notes of Sic Legal owner (and whether FCA authorised).
                      Documents under Consumer Credit Act are these in order or NOT.

Save monies towards a fighting fund!

Confidence increases with knowledge! Thats what so many of US with AAD have discovered!

Thanks Roger, I did read the link but didn't really understand how them not being FCA registered changes anything to my advantage. I will just wait and see how it plays out. With relation to my question a few posts above about the SAR, is this weekend a good time to send it?

Comment

Thanks Roger, I did read the link but didn't really understand how them not being FCA registered changes anything to my advantage. I will just wait and see how it plays out. With relation to my question a few posts above about the SAR, is this weekend a good time to send it?
                        https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...ed#post1526450

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                        Intrum UK Finance Limited is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender. They rely on the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption.

We look forward to using the same legal arguments in the future against Intrum UK Finance Limited which we used against Idem Capital Securities Limited in the recent successful FCA authorisation Appeal where the Circuit Judge found that the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption did not allow the unauthorised debt purchaser to issue proceedings in the county court.

Intrum also have issues with their assignment process and documentation.

If you are currently defending a claim with Intrum, whether stayed or ongoing, or they have obtained a Default Judgment against you and you have any query please post any queries on this thread..
                        Send the SAR now.
                        It makes sense to see what Tesco have or don't have in their records on you and will be for both the Credit Card and this Loan. It should include as well as correspondence between Tesco and Intrum.

Comment

• To be clear, any Debt purchaser has to abide by the law, whether it be in relation to documentation or procedures. Many purchasers do not have much if any documentation from the Original Creditor, so this is their first obstacle, if they fail to be registered then this adds to their problems such as are they legally able to purchase, pursue a debt etc. so whilst you may be new to this and it is terrifying initially, the more you read and understand then the fear is lost and replaced with a confidence to continue. I will not say that it will be easy and not drawn out and the endless pursuit of your attention by letter, calls etc is tedious, but and it is a big but, you will become empowered and will be able to take control of your life rather than the debt controlling you.
                          stay with it, learn as much as you can and you will soon be giving the same advice as I!!
                          As Roger indicated, most if not all members here have been where you are, we are still here, some have made SB some are nearly there and others have forgotten more than they know now it’s been that long!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                            To be clear, any Debt purchaser has to abide by the law, whether it be in relation to documentation or procedures. Many purchasers do not have much if any documentation from the Original Creditor, so this is their first obstacle, if they fail to be registered then this adds to their problems such as are they legally able to purchase, pursue a debt etc. so whilst you may be new to this and it is terrifying initially, the more you read and understand then the fear is lost and replaced with a confidence to continue. I will not say that it will be easy and not drawn out and the endless pursuit of your attention by letter, calls etc is tedious, but and it is a big but, you will become empowered and will be able to take control of your life rather than the debt controlling you.
                            stay with it, learn as much as you can and you will soon be giving the same advice as I!!
                            As Roger indicated, most if not all members here have been where you are, we are still here, some have made SB some are nearly there and others have forgotten more than they know now it’s been that long!!
                            Thank you I really appreciate the valuable support and advice from everyone on here. I would never have even got this far without it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                              To be clear, any Debt purchaser has to abide by the law, whether it be in relation to documentation or procedures. Many purchasers do not have much if any documentation from the Original Creditor, so this is their first obstacle, if they fail to be registered then this adds to their problems such as are they legally able to purchase, pursue a debt etc. so whilst you may be new to this and it is terrifying initially, the more you read and understand then the fear is lost and replaced with a confidence to continue. I will not say that it will be easy and not drawn out and the endless pursuit of your attention by letter, calls etc is tedious, but and it is a big but, you will become empowered and will be able to take control of your life rather than the debt controlling you.

Oy, wotzizname, are you saying I'm getting old and forgetfull, just because you get to the stage when you can't remember what you need to go upstairs for, then remember you now live in a bungalow, so go to the kitchen and make a cupper then leave it on the side while you let the dog in, who is sopping wet coz you let him out half an hour ago, so go and find a towel to dry him off, Which was what you were going to do in the first place.
                              You youngsters nowadays
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you I really appreciate the valuable support and advice from everyone on here. I would never have even got this far without it.
                                As you can see our AAD MODS and fellow members are understanding and very friendly and helpful!
                                What a difference AAD has made to my Life!!

Comment

Working...
                                X