GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
    Ok so I sent the letter by email to resolvecall and stated that I had also sent to themselves and Intrum via royal mail special delivery. Within an hour of sending this is the response I received. Seems a bit of a strange one. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for advising this information.

We can confirm that as you have now made contact with Resolvecall, we have closed this matter and are in the process of returning this back to our client. Our role was to reconnect you to the client directly.

Can we please ask that you now keep in contact with our client directly you can also contact our client on 0173 723 5269 with account number ******for all further assistance.
    They're just saying "job done" which it is from your point of view - they won't be calling on you. they're claiming victory by reconnecting you, but you weren't really disconnected anyway. If they had called and nobody was at home, they would just have left a card asking you to contact their client, and from their point of view, job done too.

I think you're inclined to overthink everything. Relax, don't worry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

They're just saying "job done" which it is from your point of view - they won't be calling on you. they're claiming victory by reconnecting you, but you weren't really disconnected anyway. If they had called and nobody was at home, they would just have left a card asking you to contact their client, and from their point of view, job done too.

I think you're inclined to overthink everything. Relax, don't worry.
      Thanks yes I do overthink things sometimes, just wasn't expecting them to back off that easily. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

• Hi all, I have not been around for a while as things have been pretty quiet other than letters from intrum asking me to pay. Today I received a letter saying if I did not contact them they would carry out a hard debt collection search on my credit file. They done one just over 2 years ago which has now been removed. My question is can they do this? I assumed that a company would have to be FCA registered to carry out a hard credit search which intrum UK finance limited are not. Can I put a complaint in to the FCA or ombudsman about this? Many thanks.

Comment

• Hi

The first question is does this (and others) debt still appear on your credit reports? If so, your credit score must already be affected.

As I understand it many entities can make hard credit checks, even employers and landlords.

Comment

• Hi, yes they drop off in around 7 months but another hard search would remain on their for 2 years I believe. I thought that may be the case regarding credit checks. I will just suck it up and carry on ignoring them.

Comment

• See this link

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/person...ssion%20first.

"Depending on their reason, these companies could either have done a hard or soft search. But it’s important to remember that nobody can do a hard credit check without getting your permission first."

On the other hand -
              https://www.equifax.co.uk/resources/...y%20you%20owe.

"Debt collection agencies

When you first apply to take out a loan, you agree to allow the lender to check your credit report.

If you can't repay a debt and it's passed to a debt collection agency, the debt collectors have a right to search your credit report to get a snapshot of your financial situation and make appropriate decisions on how to best collect the money you owe."
              Last edited by Still Waving; 15 February 2024, 22:03.

Comment

Working...
              X