GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies for the accidental deletion - your thread is now restored.

Niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
      Tesco Bank Credit card purchased by Intrum UK finance limited Jan 2022
      opened online 2004
      Last full payment date September 2018
      No payments made for the last 11 months
      Remaining balance £10,000
      CCA request previously sent to tesco bank thought to be unenforceable SAR sent to Tesco Bank 15th April
      Letters indicating they will take court action. Latest letters offering a discount to settle without court action. Letter received 06/05/22 dated 28th April to say they are getting ready for legal action.
      Another letter received dated 09/05/2022 from the legal department stating they are in charge of getting a CCJ against me. The letter says if I do not get in touch by 19/05/2022 their solicitors will apply for a CCJ.
      SAR received from Tesco bank Fri 27th May.
      CCA received in SAR sent to Niddy who has again confirmed it looks to be unenforceable.
      Letter received from Intrums solicitors Lester Aldridge dated 26th September stating that they intend to take legal action against me.
      Letter received from Intrum today 4th October to state they have passed my account on to Lester Aldridge to pursue.
      Letter received on 12th November 2022 from Intrum legal department saying they have reviewed my account and decided not to issue litigation proceedings at this time and will pass it back on to the collections department.
      Letter received today 14th April from intrum to say they are getting resolveacall to visit my home along with another letter offering 80% discount to settle.
      Hi all so things with intrum have been fairly quiet apart from the odd letter offering 80% discount if I settle my account by a certain date. I have today received a letter from them saying they are passing my account on to resolveacall in 7 days to arrange a home visit. I am very worried about someone coming to the door especially if we have people round at the time or someone at home looking after the children. They also sent another letter at the same time again offering 80% discount if I settle before the end of April. I know they can't do a lot if they come to the door but it is our property and I don't give them permission to put a foot on it. Could someone advise on the best action to take with this please. Thanks all.

Comment

• » Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all so things with intrum have been fairly quiet apart from the odd letter offering 80% discount if I settle my account by a certain date. I have today received a letter from them saying they are passing my account on to resolveacall in 7 days to arrange a home visit. I am very worried about someone coming to the door especially if we have people round at the time or someone at home looking after the children. They also sent another letter at the same time again offering 80% discount if I settle before the end of April. I know they can't do a lot if they come to the door but it is our property and I don't give them permission to put a foot on it. Could someone advise on the best action to take with this please. Thanks all.
          The doorstep letter wont deter them probably, they will waffle on about downloads from the internet being harmful to the consumer etc etc, However when/if they turn up, just say sorry dont want to speak with you, please leave then close the door, they will pop a card through your door asking to contact them ,DONT of course ,you will be fine if they call

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinarut View Post

The doorstep letter wont deter them probably, they will waffle on about downloads from the internet being harmful to the consumer etc etc, However when/if they turn up, just say sorry dont want to speak with you, please leave then close the door, they will pop a card through your door asking to contact them ,DONT of course ,you will be fine if they call
            Over the years I had many threats of doorstepping and I always sent the letter . Only once did anyone turn up and he quickly left after a very polite conversation.odd thing was it was for about £200

If they are offering 80% discount I would wonder why. My take is, if they thought they could enforce anything they would not offer anything like that. Only my take though.

Comment

• So it is not worth taking up the 80% discount in people's opinion? Who should I send the letter to intrum or resolveacall or both of them? Thanks guys.

Comment

So it is not worth taking up the 80% discount in people's opinion? Who should I send the letter to intrum or resolveacall or both of them? Thanks guys.
                Personally I wouldn't be paying them, they've already said they've decided not to issue litigation. You will need to send the harassment letter to Intrum, as you haven't yet had any communication from Resolvecall. As already mentioned you will probably still get a visit from Resolvecall, and probably no response from Intrum, but a copy of your letter will be added to the evidence file records that you keep (don't you). If Resolvecall do write before turning up, send them the doorstep letter.
                Last edited by Still Waving; 14 April 2023, 21:21.

Comment

• Intrum in my experience are like a rabbit I
                  in Headlights if you send them an official letter such as doorstep harassment. I have had them write to me offering resolvecall visit I kindly declined via letter to both them and resolvecall and never had anyone show up, but I do get regular ‘we love you letters with an 80% discount !!!’ I have even mixed and they have followed me!! Maybe they really do love me ??

can they be done for stalking if they continue???

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Personally I wouldn't be paying them, they've already said they've decided not to issue litigation. You will need to send the harassment letter to Intrum, as you haven't yet had any communication from Resolvecall. As already mentioned you will probably still get a visit from Resolvecall, and probably no response from Intrum, but a copy of your letter will be added to the evidence file records that you keep (don't you). If Resolvecall do write before turning up, send them the doorstep letter.
                    Yes I have a digital record of all letters sent and all the letters I have received. I have not had a single contact with intrum I have so far ignored all correspondence. I assume the harassment letter will not reset any clock?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                      Intrum in my experience are like a rabbit I
                      in Headlights if you send them an official letter such as doorstep harassment. I have had them write to me offering resolvecall visit I kindly declined via letter to both them and resolvecall and never had anyone show up, but I do get regular ‘we love you letters with an 80% discount !!!’ I have even mixed and they have followed me!! Maybe they really do love me ??

can they be done for stalking if they continue???
                      Sorry I'm confused what do you mean by mixed? Did you send the letter straight to intrum before you heard from resolveacall?

Comment

• Sorry guys a few more questions, do I need to address the letter to a name or just Dear Sirs? Also should I address it to intrum UK Finance LTD or just Intrum UK? This is the confusing bit as the letter of assignment clearly states Intrum UK Finance LTD and their registered company number but all other letters are from Intrum UK with a different registered company number.

Comment

" ..
                          CCA request previously sent to tesco bank thought to be unenforceable SAR sent to Tesco Bank 15th April
                          SAR received from Tesco bank Fri 27th May.
                          CCA received in SAR sent to Niddy who has again confirmed it looks to be unenforceable.
                          Letter received from Intrum today 4th October to state they have passed my account on to Lester Aldridge to pursue.
                          Letter received on 12th November 2022 from Intrum legal department saying they have reviewed my account and decided not to issue litigation proceedings at this time and will pass it back on to the collections department.
                          Yes I have a digital record of all letters sent and all the letters I have received. I have not had a single contact with intrum I have so far ignored all correspondence. I assume the harassment letter will not reset any clock?
                          .."
                          Sold to Intrum whilst in dispute because CCA sent by Tesco UE
                          12th Nov 2022 Lester Aldridge had a word in Intrum legal department's ears a NO GO!
                          Harassment letter template won't restart the clock!

You are doing really WELL. Its true isn't it they are Harassing you with an UE Account!!
                          They are running out of options aren't they!

Silence is golden and with the SAR and a Good Diary you are in control here

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                            Sold to Intrum whilst in dispute because CCA sent by Tesco UE
                            12th Nov 2022 Lester Aldridge had a word in Intrum legal department's ears a NO GO!
                            Harassment letter template won't restart the clock!

You are doing really WELL. Its true isn't it they are Harassing you with an UE Account!!
                            They are running out of options aren't they!

Silence is golden and with the SAR and a Good Diary you are in control here
                            So only things like admitting to "the alleged debt" or making a payment towards it would set the clock running again? Is the harassment letter different to the doorstep letter?

Comment

Sorry guys a few more questions, do I need to address the letter to a name or just Dear Sirs? Also should I address it to intrum UK Finance LTD or just Intrum UK? This is the confusing bit as the letter of assignment clearly states Intrum UK Finance LTD and their registered company number but all other letters are from Intrum UK with a different registered company number.
                              Send it to whichever company is currently writing to you. Dear Sirs is fine, and quote the references shown on the letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Send it to whichever company is currently writing to you. Dear Sirs is fine, and quote the references shown on the letter.
                                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X