GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
    Tesco Bank Credit card purchased by Intrum UK finance limited Jan 2022
    opened online 2004
    Last full payment date September 2018
    No payments made for the last 11 months
    Remaining balance £10,000
    CCA request previously sent to tesco bank thought to be unenforceable SAR sent to Tesco Bank 15th April
    Letters indicating they will take court action. Latest letters offering a discount to settle without court action. Letter received 06/05/22 dated 28th April to say they are getting ready for legal action.
    Another letter received dated 09/05/2022 from the legal department stating they are in charge of getting a CCJ against me. The letter says if I do not get in touch by 19/05/2022 their solicitors will apply for a CCJ.
    SAR received from Tesco bank Fri 27th May.
    CCA received in SAR sent to Niddy who has again confirmed it looks to be unenforceable.
    Letter received from Intrums solicitors dated 26th September stating that they intend to take legal action against me.
    Update to include letter received from Intrums solicitors.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      no need to post up paperwork on here unless requested
      Apologies for this I was just trying to make sure I had given all of the details from the letter I received.

Comment

Apologies for this I was just trying to make sure I had given all of the details from the letter I received.
        I'm not sure whether The Tech Clerk was referring more to your offer to post up all the accompanying pages to that letter.

However, I think you should now edit post #239 to delete the attachment, as the card account number is shown at the bottom of the letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I'm not sure whether The Tech Clerk was referring more to your offer to post up all the accompanying pages to that letter.

However, I think you should now edit post #239 to delete the attachment, as the card account number is shown at the bottom of the letter.
          Thank you for the heads up

Comment

opened online 2004
            CCA request previously sent to tesco bank thought to be unenforceable SAR sent to Tesco Bank 15th April
            Letters indicating they will take court action. Latest letters offering a discount to settle without court action. Letter received 06/05/22 dated 28th April to say they are getting ready for legal action.
            Another letter received dated 09/05/2022 from the legal department stating they are in charge of getting a CCJ against me. The letter says if I do not get in touch by 19/05/2022 their solicitors will apply for a CCJ.
            CCA received in SAR sent to Niddy who has again confirmed it looks to be unenforceable.
            Letter received from Intrums solicitors dated 26th September stating that they intend to take legal action against me.
            Letter received from Intrum today 4th October to state they have passed my account on to Lester Aldridge to pursue.
            Hi all just a quick update I had a letter through today from Intrum themselves headed the legal department saying "We have engaged the services of Lester Aldridge and have transferred your account to them. Our instructors to them are to pursue the outstanding debt on our behalf, which may result in them being instructed to issue a claim against you in the county court to obtain a CCJ against you. Should you wish to avoid the possibility of court proceedings and judgement being entered please contact us on xxxxxx to discuss payment options based on your current financial situation"

I guess this is just standard carefully worded scare tactics again?

Comment

• "which may result in them being instructed to issue a claim"

Also court proceedings and judgment being entered don't go together like a horse and carriage.

Designed to worry you. I would file and wait to see what LA send.

Comment

• In this letter that you have received that you believe to be a letter before claim, is there a page that gives you an option to defend, part D if memory serves me well?
                sorry I missed the letter you attached so forgive me if already verified.
                Are LA their legal arm? I’d find it odd that intrum would send an LBC then advise they have passed it over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                  In this letter that you have received that you believe to be a letter before claim, is there a page that gives you an option to defend, part D if memory serves me well?
                  sorry I missed the letter you attached so forgive me if already verified.
                  Are LA their legal arm? I’d find it odd that intrum would send an LBC then advise they have passed it over?
                  According to the previous post, the previous letter dated 26/9 was from Intrum's solicitors. I did see the letter but can't remember the sender. OP originally said the letter was from Intrum, but has subsequently said it's from their solicitors. Gets confusing doesn't it. Accuracy in all detail is very important.

Now a letter from Lester Aldridge, solicitors, the largest law firm in Dorset (they claim).

The OP was supposed to be having a chat with someone from JCS.
                  Last edited by Still Waving; 4 October 2022, 23:48.

Comment

According to the previous post, the previous letter dated 26/9 was from Intrum's solicitors. I did see the letter but can't remember the sender. OP originally said the letter was from Intrum, but has subsequently said it's from their solicitors. Gets confusing doesn't it. Accuracy in all detail is very important.

Now a letter from Lester Aldridge, solicitors, the largest law firm in Dorset (they claim).

I agree with still Still Waving
                    Nothing has changed really you know there is an issue over Intrum's authority to Sue!
                    You now know from the SAR that the CCA sent to you from Tesco looks unenforcible (Niddy) you also know the SAR is the limit of what is available!

So you hold a good set of cards!
                    Intrum will not have the CCA or other documents to pass to Lester Aldridge!! So this doesn't change anything!
                    BUT you need JCS.
                    My own experience was far worse than yours because I mudded the water with a certain DCA and engaged in legal ping pong! JCS defeated my DCA! trounced them!

You are a long long way from a CCJ one thing to threaten indeed raise a Claim! BUT look this would be without holding key documents! YOU KNOW this from the SAR!
                    You are holding the CARDS here NOT Intrum who are chancers!
                    Speak to JCS and be guided by them!

Comment

opened online 2004
                      Letter received from Intrums solicitors Lester Aldridge dated 26th September stating that they intend to take legal action against me.
                      Letter received from Intrum today 4th October to state they have passed my account on to Lester Aldridge to pursue.
                      So the letter received first dated the 26th September was sent direct from Lester Aldridge Solicitors. The letter I received yesterday was from Intrums legal department and also dated the 26th September. The letter from Lester Aldridge contained boxes A to I. Box D is headed "I dispute the debt". It also says that it is being sent in compliance with the pre action protocol for debt claims.
                      Last edited by dmdm85; 5 October 2022, 03:53.

Comment

Hi yes I can confirm that the first letter I received was from Lester Aldridge. Apologies for any confusion, I thought I had made this clear but since removing the images as advised it may not be clear. JCS have so far advised me to ignore the letter from Lester Aldridge and wait to see if/when a claim form arrives. I hope everything is clear but please let me know if not as I am getting very lost in all of this and not really thinking straight.

The thing I am quite surprised about is the fact they are only currently chasing the smaller (although still a large sum) credit card debt and not the loan debt they have also purchased. All recent letters have just related to the one account. I assume they would have to issue proceedings separately or make it clear they are issuing against both?

Comment

• ...please let me know if not as I am getting very lost in all of this and not really thinking straight.
                          You're in good hands. JCS guided me through a very similar situation with PRA, and while it can be confusing and frightening take it one day at a time and listen to the advice given. From the entries above it looks like you hold all the cards, which can be a difficult thing to believe when you're unfamiliar with the legal process and receiving regular threats.

The thing I am quite surprised about is the fact they are only currently chasing the smaller [...] debt and not the loan debt they have also purchased
                          Again, exactly the same with me. Who knows what logic they follow?

Comment

• ".. JCS have so far advised me to ignore the letter from Lester Aldridge and wait to see if/when a claim form arrives. .."

Don't over think this! If they intend to issue a Claim they will do this AND that's not very clever if you have NO paper work is it!!
                            They see the CARROT but NOT the stick!
                            So the best tactical approach is to do exactly what you have done!
                            Start and follow the Diary approach!
                            Get your paper work organised.
                            The SAR at this stage is because of the length of time of this debt! Banks don't always keep Old records!!!
                            JCS of course are bang up to date with the Law and have tactical Nous!

Comment

opened online 2004
                              Letter received from Intrums solicitors Lester Aldridge dated 26th September stating that they intend to take legal action against me.
                              Letter received on 12th November 2022 from Intrum legal department saying they have reviewed my account and decided not to issue litigation proceedings at this time and will pass it back on to the collections department.
                              Hi all just a quick update regarding the above. I took the advice from Gerry at JCS and everyone on here and have today received a letter from Intrum legal department. They have stated that after a review of my account they have decided not to issue litigation proceedings at the time. They have said my account will now be passed back to the collections department. I guess now I will just wait and see what their next move may be.

Comment

• Yes just wait and see. Any more threats would seem rather laughable given they have just said they won't be going through with theprevious one.

Comment

Working...
                                X