GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just wondering what rights Intrum have regarding credit file reporting if the are not FCA registered? Both accounts are still not showing on my credit file anymore. I assumed it's because maybe they only report every 3 months maybe? I also have 2 hard searches on my file from Intrum UK not Intrum UK finance limited. Do they have the right to do this?

Comment

• They are allowed to do a hard search, don’t really understand how or why this is the case. Seems wrong to me.
      As for your credit file, a debt/account can only be registered once to your report and will only stay visible for 6 years, beyond the 6 years it can never show again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
        They are allowed to do a hard search, don’t really understand how or why this is the case. Seems wrong to me.
        As for your credit file, a debt/account can only be registered once to your report and will only stay visible for 6 years, beyond the 6 years it can never show again.
        Thanks for the reply. It does seem wrong I don't understand how Intrum can search when they are not the actual debt owners. Intrum UK finance are the debt owners but sure as they are not FCA regulated they have no right to report to credit agencies?

Comment

• Its a complex legal argument!

But from your and my point of view what matters is can they successfully Sue!
          So you now have a better understanding that its NOT just about an Enforcible S.78 CCA.
          There are other factors and this is where a Good Diary becomes important!
          Reading and researching and making Notes for yourself come into the Equation!

Never engage in a tit for tat argument with these Global Debt Purchasing Companies!
          Silence and sitting on your hands!
          Any correspondence come back here!
          From now on everything by SNAIL MAIL!! No txt's phonecalls, emails etc..

Comment

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post

Updated to confirm debt purchased by Intrum UK finance limited.
            Ok so I have now received another letter which I am guessing is a letter before claim? Should I now get in touch with intrum? I suspect I will get another one through for my loan after the bank holiday weekend. I have uploaded a copy of the letter here. I am getting really worried about this situation now I don't want this to go to court or end up with a CCJ. Click image for larger version

Name:	img_20220416_121856590.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	1544621

Comment

• not a letter before action just a hope you panic template see what they send next letter before action is about 5 pages
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Ok thank you for the quick reply. I didn't think they were allowed to threaten court action if they were not planning on taking it so just assumed it was a letter before claim. Will the letter before claim come from intrum or their solicitors? Thanks again.

Comment

Ok thank you for the quick reply. I didn't think they were allowed to threaten court action if they were not planning on taking it so just assumed it was a letter before claim. Will the letter before claim come from intrum or their solicitors? Thanks again.
                  they shouldn't threaten but they do.
                  you notice they say "Their legal team will Consider action" not that they WILL take it.
                  need to read between the lines.

Did you send for a CCA for this account?
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• always note the If/ may/possible/refer

Comment

Ok so I have now received another letter which I am guessing is a letter before claim? Should I now get in touch with intrum? I suspect I will get another one through for my loan after the bank holiday weekend. I have uploaded a copy of the letter here. I am getting really worried about this situation now I don't want this to go to court or end up with a CCJ. Click image for larger version  Name:	img_20220416_121856590.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.8 KB ID:	1544621
                      Interesting that the letterhead merely says "Intrum", and does not specify which company is the current owner of the debt.

Comment

• Just ignore, they may even make you a reduced offer of anywhere between 60-80%, but do be sceptical, most of their actions are designed purely to get you to engage with them, with the hope they can restart the SB clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Interesting that the letterhead merely says "Intrum", and does not specify which company is the current owner of the debt.
                          Yes the company number at the bottom right is for intrum and not Intrum UK finance who are actually the debt purchasers. So in theory I am being threatened with legal action from a company that doesn't even own the debt.

Comment

Yes the company number at the bottom right is for intrum and not Intrum UK finance who are actually the debt purchasers. So in theory I am being threatened with legal action from a company that doesn't even own the debt.
                            The SAR will turn up at some point! This will include evidence of correspondence between Intrum and Tesco.
                            Silent waiting ! They would have to send a Letter Before Claim (LBC) before they can issuing any Claim.
                            Just deal with one thing at a time!
                            From your perspective you want to be at the bottom of their list of Jobs to do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

The SAR will turn up at some point! This will include evidence of correspondence between Intrum and Tesco.
                              Silent waiting ! They would have to send a Letter Before Claim (LBC) before they can issuing any Claim.
                              Just deal with one thing at a time!
                              From your perspective you want to be at the bottom of their list of Jobs to do!
                              Yes the SAR was posted yesterday as I have been working away for the last week. I am not really sure what info I am looking for when this arrives, or is it just something I need to keep for future reference?

Comment

Yes the SAR was posted yesterday as I have been working away for the last week. I am not really sure what info I am looking for when this arrives, or is it just something I need to keep for future reference?
                                For me SAR's have revealed very important information that I wasn't aware off!

Comment

Working...
                                X