GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

My apologise if I have confused you.
    Let me explain your
    ".. Tesco Bank Personal loan brought by intrum in Jan 2022
    Opened online June 2017 original amount £24,500.."

£24,500 is a huge amount for an Unsecured Personal Loan under the Consumer Credit Act!
    So my question is was this a consolidation Loan to pay of other then existing Debts?
    Ok so yes it was partly taken out for this reason and partly for home improvements/repairs that were needed, new boiler and some new windows etc. I can't remember off the top of my head which one of those reasons I would have stated in the application. Hope that makes sense. Thanks again for taking the time to give advice, it is very much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post

Ok so yes it was partly taken out for this reason and partly for home improvements/repairs that were needed, new boiler and some new windows etc. I can't remember off the top of my head which one of those reasons I would have stated in the application. Hope that makes sense. Thanks again for taking the time to give advice, it is very much appreciated.
      Well did Tesco Know that this was intended (in part or otherwise for Debt Consolidation)?
      You see there is an expression dressing a turd.
      This is where perhaps UE Debts are paid off with a EN debt!

There may also be issues with Intrum

I think some homework here , for your own benefit! Might be to your advantage.
      You might also send a SAR to Tesco , this will give background to both your Credit Card and this Loan!

Comment

Well did Tesco Know that this was intended (in part or otherwise for Debt Consolidation)?
        You see there is an expression dressing a turd.
        This is where perhaps UE Debts are paid off with a EN debt!

There may also be issues with Intrum

I think some homework here , for your own benefit! Might be to your advantage.
        You might also send a SAR to Tesco , this will give background to both your Credit Card and this Loan!

Hi thanks for the reply. So I should send an SAR for both accounts or does one cover all? Should I also send CCA's to intrum at the is stage or continue to ignore? Also what are the issues with intrum likely to be? Sorry for all the questions here.

Comment

• do not send CCA request at this stage await until advised on here.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            do not send CCA request at this stage await until advised on here.
            The Tech Clerk SPOT ON ADVICE do not send CCA request on this Loan!

Now you can search AAD its the Top right hand of the screen for intrum!

But the SAR will give you a great deal of background and especially following your CCA request to INTRUM for the CREDIT CARD!

Good Diaries make for Good Decisions. You will find that perhaps matters are far from conclusive.

SOME HOMEWORK FOR YOU!!

A starting point would be checking exactly which Company in the Intrum group has been assigned each of your two debts!

Comment

• The Sar will covers all accounts so only the one to send

Comment

• Thanks again guys is there a template letter for an SAR. Also how would I find out which part of intrum group? I didn't realise there were multiple parts the letters just say intrum. Thanks

Comment

• Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request -- ADJUST i.e:- DELETE THE LINE £10 fee ( No longer required since 2016) aslo amend the 40 days to read 30 get free proof posting keep copy on file and update diary
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• When you get the Sar it will tell you whom it was sold too.

Comment

• Ok thank you I will get this sent off in the next couple of days. I have done a search using the company number and the FCA number at the bottom of the letters they have sent. This comes up with Intrum UK limited. Is this what I was looking for it is there another sub company within Intrum UK limited? Thanks.

Comment

• Intrum UK Finance Limited - this company is not FCA registered

Comment

• Hi according to their letters they are registered and it seems to suggest they are when looking on the FCA website using the numbers shown in the image below.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
                            Hi according to their letters they are registered and it seems to suggest they are when looking on the FCA website using the numbers shown in the image below.
                            ".. Tesco Bank Personal loan brought by intrum in Jan 2022 .."

Intrum are writing to you BUT you need to look at the letter you would have received in or about Jan 2022

Most likely it would have said something like the following of which this is an example !

".. Letter received from Intrum informing me that Intrum UK Finance Limited became the legal owner of the balance on dd/mm/yyyy. Notice if assignment from Tesco also enclosed .."

The name you need to find is the legal owner!! In the example thats ".. Intrum UK Finance Limited.."
                            Itrum will be writing to you but its the legal owner that you need to identify!

I hope the above helps you!

Comment

".. Tesco Bank Personal loan brought by intrum in Jan 2022 .."

Intrum are writing to you BUT you need to look at the letter you would have received in or about Jan 2022

Most likely it would have said something like the following of which this is an example !

".. Letter received from Intrum informing me that Intrum UK Finance Limited became the legal owner of the balance on dd/mm/yyyy. Notice if assignment from Tesco also enclosed .."

The name you need to find is the legal owner!! In the example thats ".. Intrum UK Finance Limited.."
                              Itrum will be writing to you but its the legal owner that you need to identify!

I hope the above helps you!
                              Ok so I think I may have found what I needed I have attached images of the letters below (personal details blurred out hopefully) from both Tesco Bank and intrum from when the debt was assigned to them. It does clearly state it was taken over by Intrum UK finance limited. Now the intrum letter attached here has the same FCA registration number at the bottom but is a different company number to the one I attached earlier of the latest later they sent me. Is this the kind of info I am looking for here? Thanks guys.

Comment

• Apologies it wouldn't let me attach the images but the letter from Tesco Bank and from intrum both clearly state intrum UK finance limited. The company number at the bottom of intrums initial correspondence is 04140507.

Comment

Working...
                                X