GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decades ago out in civvy street no job got one as a traveller for GUS (Alexandre Sloane) you know the type a round the area buy now and pay so much a week my round every week different towns. if bad debt we would have to send out Letter No 1 then No 2/ etc from each drawer. that is happening to you at the moment.,, any serious stuff later.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Now is the time to start fleshing out your Diaries for each Debt.
      Good Diaries make for Good Decisions. You will find that perhaps matters are far from conclusive.
      A starting point would be checking exactly which Company in the Intrum group has been assigned each of your two debts!
      That would be Intrum UK Finance Limited by any chance?

Make notes update your Diaries and Sit on your Hands!

Comment

Hi all just a quick update as I seem to have missed a few replies on here. Yes the debt is assigned to Intrum UK based in Surrey. I have had daily phone calls/texts and regular letters asking me to contact them but nothing more as of yet. I have ignored every contact so far.
        An update on my PRA account, they have now passed this on to moorcroft to collect. Moorcroft have not purchased it they are just trying to collect it. Again I have ignored all contact with both PRA and Moorcroft so far.

Comment

Hi

The idea with diaries is that you bring forward the original info when you are advising the forum of the latest situation. So, in your post above you are referring to two accounts, and it helps everyone if there are two new posts with their respective histories copy/pasted forward.

Comment

"Tesco Bank Personal loan brought by intrum in Jan 2022
            Opened online June 2017 original amount £24,500
            Last full payment date September 2018
            Regular £43 monthly payments from Feb 2021
            Remaining balance £21,000 (sorry balance was wrong in the original diary).
            No CCA request sent on this"
            "Tesco Bank Credit card purchased by intrum Jan 2022
            opened online 2004
            No payments made for the last 11 months
            Remaining balance £10,000
            CCA request previously sent to tesco bank thought to be unenforceable"

So I have been receiving daily phone calls/letters from intrum which I have completely ignored. Yesterday I had a letter which stated they may take legal action if I do not get in touch to arrange a payment plan and enclosed a budget sheet. I assume this is now something i now need to reply to? Thanks all.

Comment

they may this /that /other? template letter sounds of it! who says thought to be unenforceable?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just ignore their blustering letters, you only need to look more seriously if they send out a letter before action, however I do believe there are certain protocols and criteria that they have to fulfil to do so. I find it useful to make a defeat folder for each debt to keep all their paper in. If you do a contents page you will soon see a pattern of behaviour from them. Then you will be empowered at their weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  they may this /that /other? template letter sounds of it! who says thought to be unenforceable?
                  Hi I sent the CCA in to here to be checked. The loan however was pretty recent and I have not sent a CCA request for this so I would expect this is going to be enforceable.

Comment

Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post

Hi I sent the CCA in to here to be checked. The loan however was pretty recent and I have not sent a CCA request for this so I would expect this is going to be enforceable.
                    Diary entries really help at times
                    Look
                    "..
                    Tesco Bank Personal loan brought by intrum in Jan 2022
                    .."

This is a massive unsecured Personal Loan isn't it? Your Credit Card is dated 2004!!
                    Which makes me question as to whether this was a Loan to consolidate existing and other debts!
                    Was this the Case?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

Diary entries really help at times
                      Look
                      "..
                      Tesco Bank Personal loan brought by intrum in Jan 2022
                      .."

This is a massive unsecured Personal Loan isn't it? Your Credit Card is dated 2004!!
                      Which makes me question as to whether this was a Loan to consolidate existing and other debts!
                      Was this the Case?
                      Hi yes you are correct. The loan was from 2017 and the CC was originally opened in 2004. My feeling is that being for such a large amount they will almost certainly follow with legal action especially for the loan with it being so recent.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post

Hi yes you are correct. The loan was from 2017 and the CC was originally opened in 2004. My feeling is that being for such a large amount they will almost certainly follow with legal action especially for the loan with it being so recent.
                        Yes the Loan was a Consolidation Debt and Tesco knew this?
                        Because it wasn't NEW monies but rather OLD Debts? But you can't presume that the OLD debts were EN can you?
                        Do you have a record of these prior DEBTS?

Comment

• It’s not necessarily the amount that gets court action but what they can prove legitimately, which may be minimal. Unless of course you just roll over and accept the spanking like many do under the guise of fear.

Comment

• Consolidated Debt isn't NEW money and it masks earlier DEBT(S) which may or may not be Enforcible. Your earlier 2004 points to a long term association and this DEBT is UNSECURED as Timewilltell
                            Its the background that will help here

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                              Consolidated Debt isn't NEW money and it masks earlier DEBT(S) which may or may not be Enforcible. Your earlier 2004 points to a long term association and this DEBT is UNSECURED as Timewilltell
                              Its the background that will help here
                              Hi Roger sorry I may have misunderstood what your saying. I'm not quite sure I understand. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
                                Hi Roger sorry I may have misunderstood what your saying. I'm not quite sure I understand. Sorry for the confusion.
                                My apologise if I have confused you.
                                Let me explain your
                                ".. Tesco Bank Personal loan brought by intrum in Jan 2022
                                Opened online June 2017 original amount £24,500.."

£24,500 is a huge amount for an Unsecured Personal Loan under the Consumer Credit Act!
                                So my question is was this a consolidation Loan to pay of other then existing Debts?

Comment

Working...
                                X