GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesco Bank Personal loan brought by Intrum UK finance limited in Jan 2022
    Opened online June 2017 original amount £24,500
    Last full payment date September 2018
    Regular £43 monthly payments from Feb 2021 to Nov 2021.
    Remaining balance £21,000 (sorry balance was wrong in the original diary).
    No CCA request sent on this SAR sent to Tesco Bank 15th April
    Letters indicating they will take court action. Latest letters offering a discount to settle without court action.
    SAR received from Tesco bank Fri 27th May CCA received in SAR sent to Niddy who has confirmed looks enforceable.
    Last edited by dmdm85; 19 April 2023, 06:33.

Comment

Tesco Bank Credit card purchased by Intrum UK finance limited Jan 2022
      opened online 2004
      Last full payment date September 2018
      No payments made for the last 11 months
      Remaining balance £10,000
      CCA request previously sent to tesco bank thought to be unenforceable SAR sent to Tesco Bank 15th April
      Letters indicating they will take court action. Latest letters offering a discount to settle without court action. Letter received 06/05/22 dated 28th April to say they are getting ready for legal action.
      Another letter received dated 09/05/2022 from the legal department stating they are in charge of getting a CCJ against me. The letter says if I do not get in touch by 19/05/2022 their solicitors will apply for a CCJ.
      SAR received from Tesco bank Fri 27th May.
      CCA received in SAR sent to Niddy who has again confirmed it looks to be unenforceable.
      Letter received from Intrums solicitors Lester Aldridge dated 26th September stating that they intend to take legal action against me.
      Letter received from Intrum today 4th October to state they have passed my account on to Lester Aldridge to pursue.
      Letter received on 12th November 2022 from Intrum legal department saying they have reviewed my account and decided not to issue litigation proceedings at this time and will pass it back on to the collections department.
      Letter received today 14th April from intrum to say they are getting resolveacall to visit my home along with another letter offering 80% discount to settle.
      Last edited by dmdm85; 14 April 2023, 17:09.

Comment

Barclaycard credit card account now with PRA
        Opened online 2011
        Last full payment made September 2018
        No payments made for 11 months
        No contact from PRA other than the odd email asking me to pay something.
        CCA request previously sent and advised unenforceable
        Remaining Balance £13,000
        March 2022 letter from PRA to state Moorcroft will be chasing the debt.
        Last edited by dmdm85; 8 April 2022, 05:36.

Comment

MBNA credit card still with MBNA
          Opened online 2016
          Last full payment September 2018
          Regular £10 monthly payments until now
          No CCA request has been sent
          Remaining balance £4900

Comment

OK so I think this is an updated diary sorry not really sure if I have done this correctly. I have had another letter from intrum today confirming they have also purchased my credit card debt. Although I have heard nothing directly from tesco bank yet there was a tesco headed letter inside both intrum letters stating they had sold the debt on. I am assuming I will get a confirmation letter direct from tesco bank confirming that intrum have purchased this as surely anybody can make up a headed letter and send it to somebody.

Comment

Allowed to insert from both companies in one envelope.
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 February 2022, 08:07.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all I have been worrying myself a bit over the last few days with this intrum situation. I am taking the advice and staying silent but I do find myself losing a lot of sleep over this. With the amount of money involved and the loan being reent I am constantly thinking they will soon start to take court action and try to obtain a charging order on my home. I may have scared myself by reading up things on the Internet but I don't really fully understand the steps and processes involved. I know ot sounds silly but I am just looking for reassurance that I am doing the right thing by doing absolutely nothing at this stage. Thanks again to everyone for all the advice.

Comment

Hi - I am currently dealing with Intrum re a previous Tesco debt. I spoke to Joanna Connelly solicitors the other day for some free initial advice. This has calmed my nerves somewhat after receiving a letter before claim from Intrum. You could try doing the same if that will help you

Comment

Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
                    Hi all I have been worrying myself a bit over the last few days with this intrum situation. I am taking the advice and staying silent but I do find myself losing a lot of sleep over this. With the amount of money involved and the loan being reent I am constantly thinking they will soon start to take court action and try to obtain a charging order on my home. I may have scared myself by reading up things on the Internet but I don't really fully understand the steps and processes involved. I know ot sounds silly but I am just looking for reassurance that I am doing the right thing by doing absolutely nothing at this stage. Thanks again to everyone for all the advice.
                    Hi

So you have had letters from Intrum advising that they have purchased the two Tesco debts. Were these just advisory letters, or have they made any demands or threats? If they were just advisory, file them and do nothing. If otherwise, let us know what they are saying. We can't suggest what you do about any letter unless you give us the gist of what they say.

There are lots of steps before you get to court action, if ever, so do not worry yourself. If push comes to shove, you will always have the option to agree a repayment schedule.

Comment

Hi thanks for the replys guys. The letters are just to advise me they have taken over ownership and to contact them to set up a plan. I just have a bad feeling about the action they are going to take.

Comment

Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
                        Hi thanks for the replys guys. The letters are just to advise me they have taken over ownership and to contact them to set up a plan. I just have a bad feeling about the action they are going to take.
                        To quote from Desiderata:

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballister View Post
                          Hi - I am currently dealing with Intrum re a previous Tesco debt. I spoke to Joanna Connelly solicitors the other day for some free initial advice. This has calmed my nerves somewhat after receiving a letter before claim from Intrum. You could try doing the same if that will help you
                          The OP hasn't received a letter before claim, so I think it's a bit premature to do that.

Comment

await their next move. those are just assignment notices.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I just have a bad feeling about the action they are going to take.
                              Which is exactly what they want you to feel, so that you'll agree to something just to feel less threatened.

Everything you've received so far has been informational rather than directly threatening. Keep the faith, do nothing at the moment and post here for advice when you receive anything else.

Comment

just some tumbledown office jockey sending out press 1 then press 2 etc., unti/if they send next template sit on your hands as see what next.

Comment

Working...
                                X