GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post

So only things like admitting to "the alleged debt" or making a payment towards it would set the clock running again? Is the harassment letter different to the doorstep letter?
    The two letters are the same - see the link in the Tech Clerk's post. This will not reset the clock as you do not actually say you owe anyone anything- just you feel harassed. The common opinion is that you would need to make a payment or admit the debt in writing BUT as most phone calls are recorded, do not admit it over the phone. The best option is, if caught on the phone, refuse to do security and just politely say you only communicate in writing. Some are better than others at getting you to engage and while I do not agree with what they are doing- they are only trying to earn a living so please be polite tempting as it maybe to tell them to do one.

Remember if you are unlucky enough to be on the dreadful Universal Credit, you are monitored about job applications and you can not turn an offer down without the risk of sanctions.

Comment

• Hi all thanks for the help. I have now completed the letter and will send recorded delivery first thing Monday morning. I have also written a separate letter mainly out of frustration which I would like to ask somebody to read over as a second opinion before I send it just to make sure I have not written anything that could go against me. I know this may sound slightly strange but I am now at the stage where I think maybe I should just embrace things a little and play them at their own game and maybe even try to entertain myself along the way. Even if I don't send this second letter I feel slightly better for writing it down.

Comment

• copy letter up here minus personal details
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all thanks for the help. I have now completed the letter and will send recorded delivery first thing Monday morning. I have also written a separate letter mainly out of frustration which I would like to ask somebody to read over as a second opinion before I send it just to make sure I have not written anything that could go against me. I know this may sound slightly strange but I am now at the stage where I think maybe I should just embrace things a little and play them at their own game and maybe even try to entertain myself along the way. Even if I don't send this second letter I feel slightly better for writing it down.
          Write it down to ease your frustrations by all means, but the golden rule is NOT to engage with them unless you REALLY HAVE TO. Radio silence all the way. If you weren't so concerned about Resolvecall visiting, I would not even recommend sending the Doorstep Visit letter.

Comment

• best sit on hands , many letters ignored they have no power shut door and say nothing!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• To be honest I know I can't really send the second letter it is just what I feel like saying to them along with some stronger words. Personally I have no problem whatsoever in telling anyone that comes to my doorstep where to go but I work away a lot and I know it would send my wife in to a panic and stress her out massively if she answered the door to them. Anyway I have attached what I wrote down with personal details removed. I am sure I'm not the only one that has felt like this with some of these debt purchasers.

Comment

To be honest I know I can't really send the second letter it is just what I feel like saying to them along with some stronger words. Personally I have no problem whatsoever in telling anyone that comes to my doorstep where to go but I work away a lot and I know it would send my wife in to a panic and stress her out massively if she answered the door to them. Anyway I have attached what I wrote down with personal details removed. I am sure I'm not the only one that has felt like this with some of these debt purchasers.
                I really wouldn't send that!
                But I did enjoy reading it!

Bet you feel better for that!
                Listen I made this same mistake myself years ago! Well you live and learn don't you! The good people here at AAD soon set me on the right path to zilch debts!

Have you an open chimney?
                If so apply match to that letter and send it in smoke up the chimney to Father Xmas.

I agree with Still Waving
                ".. Write it down to ease your frustrations by all means, but the golden rule is NOT to engage with them unless you REALLY HAVE TO. .."

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  I really wouldn't send that!
                  But I did enjoy reading it!

Bet you feel better for that!
                  Listen I made this same mistake myself years ago! Well you live and learn don't you! The good people here at AAD soon set me on the right path to zilch debts!

Have you an open chimney?
                  If so apply match to that letter and send it in smoke up the chimney to Father Xmas.

I agree with Still Waving
                  ".. Write it down to ease your frustrations by all means, but the golden rule is NOT to engage with them unless you REALLY HAVE TO. .."
                  I'm not going to send it but it did help relieve some stress. I will leave things like this to JCS if I need to instruct them to help me out in the future.

Comment

To be honest I know I can't really send the second letter it is just what I feel like saying to them along with some stronger words. Personally I have no problem whatsoever in telling anyone that comes to my doorstep where to go but I work away a lot and I know it would send my wife in to a panic and stress her out massively if she answered the door to them. Anyway I have attached what I wrote down with personal details removed. I am sure I'm not the only one that has felt like this with some of these debt purchasers.
                    Oh! No - getoutofdebtforfree Ahhhhhhhhh! send that and they will hammer you? sit on hands if you want support!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

Oh! No - getoutofdebtforfree Ahhhhhhhhh! send that and they will hammer you? sit on hands if you want support!
                      I am not sure what you mean by getoutofdebtforfree? As I explained I am not sending that letter only the one I have been advised to send.

(((((Some content within that letter about charging per visit from them as used in the getoutofdebtforfree letters based on the old freeman of the land idea.))))).

at least you are back on the right track. as stated frustration out by putting pen to paper and releasing it. and not sending it! Had problems with HSBC years ago when somebody tried that type letter, they did regret it .
                      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 16 April 2023, 10:12.

Comment

• Thanks The Tech Clerk I am not going to do anything unless advised on here or by JCS if I need to get them involved. If I could guarantee I would be home to deal with a doorstep visit then I wouldn't even worry about sending this letter. In a way I would rather they did just take court action so I can get JCS involved and sort it one way or the other. Really had enough of them now

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat View Post
                          Over the years I had many threats of doorstepping and I always sent the letter . Only once did anyone turn up and he quickly left after a very polite conversation.odd thing was it was for about £200

If they are offering 80% discount I would wonder why. My take is, if they thought they could enforce anything they would not offer anything like that. Only my take though.
                          Yep I always sent the letters as well pat, didn't stop them tho, three times they wasted time and fuel

Comment

Thanks The Tech Clerk I am not going to do anything unless advised on here or by JCS if I need to get them involved. If I could guarantee I would be home to deal with a doorstep visit then I wouldn't even worry about sending this letter. In a way I would rather they did just take court action so I can get JCS involved and sort it one way or the other. Really had enough of them now
                            Look, you're playing the long game here, to try to get this to Statute Barred. It does require a bit of dogged determination and patience, but there is £10,000 at stake here. You have alternatives of course - a) try to settle for the 80% discount (cost £2K): b) negotiate a payment plan (total cost - who knows?); c) sit on your hands and seek guidance at every new development (possibly saving all that money).

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Look, you're playing the long game here, to try to get this to Statute Barred. It does require a bit of dogged determination and patience, but there is £10,000 at stake here. You have alternatives of course - a) try to settle for the 80% discount (cost £2K): b) negotiate a payment plan (total cost - who knows?); c) sit on your hands and seek guidance at every new development (possibly saving all that money).
                              I am in for the long run, C is the only outcome unless a 99% discount offer comes my way. Even then I don't think I could bring myself to pay these sharks a penny

Comment

Sorry I'm confused what do you mean by mixed? Did you send the letter straight to intrum before you heard from resolveacall?
                                Sorry for delay,
                                predictive text or fat finger syndrome, has changed it from MOVED!
                                I actually sent the letter to both just for their piece of mind incase they thought I was misled!

Comment

Working...
                                X