Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone

Need a little advice please.
    I have received a letter today from Buchanan Clark & Wells regarding a Vodafone debt asking me to pay a settlement of £159.26 when the original amount states £637.02.
    This would be all well and good but back in 2002-2003 i had the help of the CAB and made them numerous offer amounts at the time but they refused and continued to harass me, on top of which there was three different companies chasing for the same debt and the amount soon added up.
    The CAB sent them an harrassment letter on my behalf and i never heard back from them.
    Now in 2012 i get a letter in my maiden name asking for a settlement offer which they want by Friday. i checked my credit report last year and there was nothing on it so i cannot understand why after nearly 9 years they have contacted me. Please help, what should i do.

Re: Vodafone

Originally posted by Deegee View Post
    Need a little advice please.
    I have received a letter today from Buchanan Clark & Wells regarding a Vodafone debt asking me to pay a settlement of £159.26 when the original amount states £637.02.
    This would be all well and good but back in 2002-2003 i had the help of the CAB and made them numerous offer amounts at the time but they refused and continued to harass me, on top of which there was three different companies chasing for the same debt and the amount soon added up.
    The CAB sent them an harrassment letter on my behalf and i never heard back from them.
    Now in 2012 i get a letter in my maiden name asking for a settlement offer which they want by Friday. i checked my credit report last year and there was nothing on it so i cannot understand why after nearly 9 years they have contacted me. Please help, what should i do.

I'm not the expert on here but I don't think there is any concern here - the experts will soon be along

Comment

If its been 9 years since you paid or acknowledged the debt then it will be SB i would presume. In which case you send a letter telling them so and they bog off ! Just make sure you havent paid or acknowledged the debt in last 6 years before doing so

Someone will put you on right track but i wouldn't worry about this at all and definitely dont contact them until you have advice here.
      I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

This is without doubt Statute Barred if your last contact and/or payment was 2003.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Buchanan, Clark and Wells are known for buying statute-barred debts, hoping they can get people to pay.

Just ignore.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

message removed from your profile, as per email request.

Regards this, it's SB so ignore em and chill
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you all for your advice.

Comment

Working...
              X