GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script monument ppl - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

monument ppl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monument ppl

Hi
    My OH has had a letter from monument saying he may be entitled to reclaim his former PPI,this was called pbp.As he no longer has the card could you please let us know where to start with the claim,there are no forms to send so it would need to be a letter also how do we work it out as thus card is no longer. Cheers xx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: monument ppl

The letter from monument, did it have any reference or credit card number attached to it? since they sent you a letter they know you had a card at some point, it would perhaps be wise to SAR them to see what info they hold. If you are luckly it will come back with statements or at least an account number.

They don't have to hold info past 6 years, but its worth a short. the SAR will need to include a payment of £10, and can take quite a few weeks to be returned (cant remember exact days, someone else will fill you in on that)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers matey
      Think we have found acc number, its details of what, when , mind you OH can't recall it so I think I'll go down the thick route, not sure how to word letter tho.xx

Comment

You can find the template to send here SAR Request

Comment

Hi nanna, despite having a CCJ on my Monument account I was able to reclaim PBI. This is my thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...reak-Insurance

Comment

Than Gym xx

Comment

I have sent an e mail today just short saying OH would have been self employed and he did not realise what PBP was, this is to get the ball rolling and see what if anything they come back with, we have found the acc no and have included that also.

Comment

Be careful because some PPI did cover the self employed, you should elaborate more and say that you had enough savings should you have found yourself out of work, you didn't need it, want it, and you thought at the time it was a requirement not a choice.

Comment

Oh heck already sent mail perhaps I should wait.depending g on the reply I will use your above suggestions in my reply to them .
                  Thanx

Comment

They should send you a form to fill out, just add it to that.

Comment

Will do(and of course I thought of that....ahem). Xx

Comment

Nana.....without putting words in your mouth, I agree with SX's tack , you could also add (ahem)...That when filling out the application enquire what ppi was and was told you needed to take it out , or you went in the branch and questioned the need for it and was told I had to take it out.....(ahem)

Comment

Ahem ahem very indeed xxx

Comment

Way hay OH getting 2k ,drinks on him meet you all inlocal

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                              Way hay OH getting 2k ,drinks on him meet you all inlocal

Brilliant news Nanna, I'm so pleased for you both
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X