GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Monument/Providian Payment Break Insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monument/Providian Payment Break Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monument/Providian Payment Break Insurance

Yet another attempt!

Does anyone have policy details for Payment Break Insurance from 2001?

Thank you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Monument/Providian Payment Break Insurance

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Yet another attempt!

Does anyone have policy details for Payment Break Insurance from 2001?

Thank you
    I shall check around the forums hun and let you know if anything useful for you.

Comment

Thanks Di. I have Been googling without much success. My form has been received and has gone to the claims handler, so I am trying to be prepared for when they try to say no!
      Last edited by cymruambyth; 6 July 2013, 00:07.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Di. I have Been googling without much success. My form has been received and has gone to the claims handler, so I am trying to be prepared for when they try to say no!
        Right okey dokey, I will keep checking around anyway just in case, if they do reject, we shall think of something.

Comment

Thanks, I think I have few letters that I can recycle.

Comment

Thanks, I think I have few letters that I can recycle.
            LOL!!! don't worry, we will defo work something out, they will not be getting away with it x

Comment

Well, still no letters and no complaint reference numbers. Nearly 8 weeks and they won't give any information over the phone without the reference number.

Maybe another CEO complaint as I'm not in a position to get to a branch of Barclays with ID!!!

Comment

Well, still no letters and no complaint reference numbers. Nearly 8 weeks and they won't give any information over the phone without the reference number.

Maybe another CEO complaint as I'm not in a position to get to a branch of Barclays with ID!!!
                Yes maybe go the CEO direction now, also tell them you are not happy with the customer service x

Comment

Email to guy I all my omplaints have gone to. No reply by Wednesday and CEO here I come

Comment

Email to CEO has gone ......... Had a phone call today to say that I should have received a letter ....... I think it has been upheld and all premiums are being refunded. It was a similar amount to my other Barclays account, so until I see the letter and check accounts I won't be sure. This could be a very timely time to put some money towards son's uni expenses.
                    in a state of disbelief! When they started talking I thought they said that it had been rejected but then said it had been upheld!
                    as I'm away I won't have confirmation for 2 weeks!

Comment

I have an email confirming my letter

Monument did not have PPI, they had Payment Break Insurance. Apparently my claim was turned down, has been reviewed by the CEO's office and I am receiving payments, plus interest, plus 8%!

There will be a donation following.

the real pain is that my CCJ from Cabot was for this account and therefore the claim was mis-stated!

Comment

I have an email confirming my letter

Monument did not have PPI, they had Payment Break Insurance. Apparently my claim was turned down, has been reviewed by the CEO's office and I am receiving payments, plus interest, plus 8%!

There will be a donation following.

the real pain is that my CCJ from Cabot was for this account and therefore the claim was mis-stated!

Brilliant news Cym, I'm so pleased

Sorry to hear about the CCJ though
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well done Cym!!! ;-)

Happy for you and it can as you know sometimes help if taking it further to the CEO, its an extra avenue to try before the FOS avenue.

So does that mean in regards of the CCJ you will not receive it? x

Comment

No, unfortunately the CCJ was 2010 before I found AAD. I don't think I can appeal it this late on, though, if anyone can tell me otherwise I will be happy to give it a go!

Comment

Working...
                            X