GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cap one PPI no use - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cap one PPI no use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap one PPI no use

Hi all
    Not quite a straight forward one, but sure someone can advise....

Around 4 years ago took out CC with Cap one, PPI was (i belive) an opt out which I didnt notice, but stuck with it as the balance was low (less than 250) so premiums were also.

About a year later, major issue in life, hospital etc, and diagnosed as bi-polar. given meds and refered to consultant.

Made claim , told need doctors note for all APART from mental health issue which needed consultants letter.

Appt for consultant came through a year later (NHS) by which time cap one had moved the account on.

I think this was discrimination against mental health patients, but would any PPI reclaim take account of the fact had they paid out, the balance would be zero now.

In other words, can I claim the benefit that I lost out on, or would that be seperate to the core PPI misselling issue.

Hope that makes sense.

Re: Cap one PPI no use

Hi

You would be best doing a full reclaim as a mis-sale and get a refund

Di30 is the best to ask re this. She will help

Best of luck.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps regardless if they've paid out you can still reclaim if it was mis-sold.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks
        I was sort of leaning that way, claim then if needed take seperate action for lost benefits.

It takes the biscuit though when freddies inc are rolling around trying to collect payments for mis sold policy and the balance it should have paid off.

Comment

Hi folks

Just arrived now, cheers Niddy, will take a looksie now.:niddy lol

Comment

Originally posted by Humbuggy View Post
            Hi all
            Not quite a straight forward one, but sure someone can advise....

Around 4 years ago took out CC with Cap one, PPI was (i belive) an opt out which I didnt notice, but stuck with it as the balance was low (less than 250) so premiums were also.

About a year later, major issue in life, hospital etc, and diagnosed as bi-polar. given meds and refered to consultant.

Made claim , told need doctors note for all APART from mental health issue which needed consultants letter.

Appt for consultant came through a year later (NHS) by which time cap one had moved the account on.

I think this was discrimination against mental health patients, but would any PPI reclaim take account of the fact had they paid out, the balance would be zero now.

In other words, can I claim the benefit that I lost out on, or would that be seperate to the core PPI misselling issue.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi there

And welcome to this thread.

If you have any reason to believe the ppi was mis sold, you can of course make a reclaim.
            Even if they had paid out for a claim made, for example, unemployment, that does not mean they never mis sold it to you.

For example, if you had a pre med condition at the time the policy was taken out, and if you were to make a claim for that med reason, it's unlikely they would pay out for that particular one.

So in this case, where it may have been useful in part, it was not useful in full, yet they still charged you a full cost of the PPI.

So, again if they did pay out, and you want to make a reclaim, if you succeed what you receive back is all you have paid of the PPI, relevent interest, minus any payments they made if you made a successful claim.

When making a complaint, complete the reclaim questionnaire, you do not actually require the calculations, as they should send you these automatically if your successful, it should be a breakdown of how they worked it out, if they do not, they should send this on request in the post.

When you complete the reclaim questionnaire, send to the business that taken over, especially if the previous business are no longer active, or otherwise if still active write to Cap one (or even cover your ground by sending to each company) see what they come back with, and keep copies for your reference as well.

Post by signed for recorded delivery and they should acknowledge your complaint in writing by a week maybe 2.
            They have 8 weeks as from the date they received your complaint to send you a written final decision.

Hope this helps, but ask further if you need to, good luck.

Reclaim questionnaire here.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

Comment

BUMP!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X