GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script "Objectives of this sub-forum" - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Objectives of this sub-forum"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Objectives of this sub-forum"

Niddy has kindly set up this sub-forum so we can keep all the current theoretical methods and thinking together

Its NOT for peoples individual calculations which should be kept in your individual PPI thread.

I'l start it off initially with the following separate threads and once I've posted, everyone is encouraged to participate, and correct me if I'm wrong.

Understanding PPI Calculations-- Concept of 2 Loans & Basic spreadsheets
    Understanding PPI Calculations-- Concept of Loan Amortization
    Understanding PPI Calculations-- Active Loans
    Understanding PPI Calculations-- Settled loans
    Understanding PPI Calculations-- Carry Over loans
    Understanding PPI Calculations-- Multiple Agreements

These last two are new territory for me so it will be interesting!!
    My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Re: "Objectives of this sub-forum"

Great thread and would be happy to post my experiences of this.

Lets just say I think they stiffed us with the PPI in the first place but are stiffing the consumer again with the calculations.

So thank you for this

Comment

I look forward to the threads and information with great interest.

What an excellent idea, I am awaiting the FOS for my Virgin claim as we speak, it will be nice to know how the maths work.

Ii know a little about multiple agreements,(long sad story) so be sure I will chip in
      Last edited by gravytrain; 13 November 2012, 18:40.

Comment

One thing I would like to know early doors is how many people are getting detailed calculations to check.?

FOS and FSA seem to think we should but so far only a threat of reporting has dragged them out of one.

The others seem to think a letter saying premiums interest and stat int added up is sufficient.

Comment

Thanks guys for your support----just give me a couple of days---as a lot of you know---I initially started in PCF then PAG then LB then.....lots

So I need a bit of time to bring my stuff over here---but I will do in next 36 hours
          My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Id be interested to know the rules surrounding some PPI reclaims, deducting Tax from the amount they pay out.

From my perspective, as im self employed and file tax returns, id rather be paid gross and have the tax deducted when the rest is due, (jan and july) not have it deducted at source.

So if they do it, id like to know, how you can get them to pay it back.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry---been on vacation (again)---I had hoped to make this section one of the most authortive on the internet--through my experience and those others---but illness has occurred

Turbs
              Last edited by Turboman; 24 May 2014, 11:22. Reason: reduced committment-new illness and operation reqd

Comment

Good man. Thank you.

Ill lock this down (24-48 hrs) other than to those named above and experts/mods.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X