GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI Reclaim Template letter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI Reclaim Template letter

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Reclaim Template letter

Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) reclaim letter template. (Delete where not relevent) And what applies to you just leave it there.

Please note though, that some banks/businesses will now only accept the Reclaim complaint questionnaire, as issued on this site and on the Financial ombudsman Service (FOS) website, but where others are lenient, this letter may be of some help for you.........

Obviously remember to enclose your addresses and date, etc when you do this.

Dear Sirs,

RE: [Name of policy if you know it]

I bought the above plan from you on (date – as near as possible). I now consider that the policy was mis-sold to me and I wish to claim back my premiums plus interest.

I believe that the policy was mis-sold for the following reason/s:

(choose at least one and possibly more of the following where applicable)

• I was self-employed and could not have claimed fully on the policy without ceasing work. I was not informed or warned of this.

• I work for a family company and could not have claimed fully on the policy without ceasing work –I was not informed or warned of this.

• I was unemployed and could not have claimed on the policy. I was not informed or warned of this.

• I was retired and in receipt of a pension and could not have claimed on the policy. I was not informed or warned of this.

• I was due to retire during the life of the policy and therefore could not have claimed on the policy. I was not informed or warned of this.

• I would have been over the age limit during the life of the policy and could not have claimed on the policy. I was not informed or warned of this.

• I was employed at the time but your staff did not inform me that any change to this could invalidate sections of the policy during its life. I was not asked about any intended changes or informed or warned of their effects on the policy.

• I have had a previous illness or other medical conditions but your staff did not ask me about my medical history. I was not warned that previous conditions would be excluded.

• I told your staff about my medical history but I was not warned this would invalidate part of the policy.

• I told your staff about my medical history but I was assured there would be no problem should I need to claim.

• Your staff stated or led me to believe that taking out a policy was a pre-condition of applying for a loan.

• Your staff stated or led me to believe that taking out a policy would improve my chances of a successful application for a loan.

• Your staff did not offer me a clear choice of the loan with and the loan without insurance.
    • Your staff did not give me an illustration showing the repayments with and withoutinsurance until after I signed for the insurance.

• Your staff dismissed my attempts to cancel the policy during the cooling-off period.

• Your staff painted a scenario where I would be reliant on the insurance which would not have been true for me.

• Your staff ignored me when I told them that I would not need a policy due to other resources.

• Your staff did not fully explain the policy and its exclusions to me.

ADD THE FOLLOWING IF APPLICABLE TO YOU:

If you bought a policy for a fixed period – this will mean that you paid all the premiums at the outset, but the loan ended before the set period:

I wish to claim back premiums plus interest because the loan taken out on
    (insert date) was repaid in full on (insert date) and therefore it would have been impossible for me to claim after that date.

If you have had a previous request for a refund of premiums plus interest turned down add:

You previously turned down a similar request on (insert date). However, the Financial Services Authority has ruled that terms debarring partial refunds are unfair. I also note that on 20 April 2011 the high court dismissed the banking industry’s legal challenge to the FSA’s PPI complaint-handling measures.

If you took out additional loans and were sold additional payment protection policies add:

I also wish to claim back the premiums and interest on the policy that I was sold as this meant that I had two policies.

I now contend that I was mis-sold this policy. I claim back all the premiums and interest I have paid in connection with this payment protection insurance policy plus statutory interest at 8% (or whatever other rate the courts might order) from the first payment that I made until the date of your settlement of this claim. I look forward to receiving your swift reply, within the eight weeks allowed for responses to complaints by the Financial Services Authority.

Yours faithfully
    Last edited by di30; 13 July 2012, 22:46.
Working...
X