GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Going to FOC with Littlewoods/Very ECA claim. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to FOC with Littlewoods/Very ECA claim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to FOC with Littlewoods/Very ECA claim.

Good Afternoon,
    I have recieved a letter over the weekend rejecting my claim for refund of my Littlewoods/Very Extra Care Cover which was "taken out" in August 1999.At the time I wasn't working because I was looking after our young children and my husband had recently become self-employed so the policy was no use to us.Apart from that I have no recollection of taking out the cover and it has apparently been upgraded twice while I have had it which I have no recollection of either.I am going to refer my complaint to the FOC because Littlewoods/Very have been unable to prove that I agreed to the policy,they can only say what would have happened at the time.
    I was wondering if anybody else has had experience of this,I have read and used the threads that people have written about claiming back from Littlewoods/Very but they seemed to get paid out without having to go to the FOC.

Re: Going to FOC with Littlewoods/Very ECA claim.

Hi there and welcome

Yes myself and others have been successful but you need to keep on and tell them you do NOT agree, give your reasons and also copy an email to their CEO.

Comment

Thanks di30. Do you I think should reply to Verys letter as they have said that it is their final response or should I just go down the FOC route,I have printed off the questionnaire from their website. Unfortunately I didn't photocopy the questionnaire Very sent me,my mistake,but I will send the FOC a copy of the final response they sent me.

Comment

Hiya

As it was a final response, before going to the FOS (Financial ombudsman Service) I would write to the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) and tell them your not happy and want this matter reviewed by them as you have genuine grounds to make a complaint, also add that as a respectable company where you are or were a respectable customer you are disappointed that the complaints team underestimated your complaint and you dont feel its right or even fair to be treated this way, also make a point that you only came forward with this complaint recently as its only then you realised you had a case, otherwise you would have taken this action earlier.
        I would give your reasons to the CEO on why you want to reclaim and a copy of the rejection letter.
        Ask them to let you know by 14 days or you will be taking this matter further, because you are aware that other customers in the same position as yourself with the same circumstances to be successful.

Hope this helps and take a look at this thread below too.......

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...care-insurance

Do not give in to them, many have had final rejection letters and still wrote back to ask them to consider, stay strong and stand your ground, you will get there x

Comment

Thanks di30.I have emailed the CEO this morning so will wait n see what happens.Thanks again,will let you know how it goes.x

Comment

Originally posted by jaej View Post
            Thanks di30.I have emailed the CEO this morning so will wait n see what happens.Thanks again,will let you know how it goes.x
            Your welcome and fingers crossed x

Comment

Working...
            X