GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CAN OUR DAUGHTER CLAIM BACK STORE CARD CHARGES - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAN OUR DAUGHTER CLAIM BACK STORE CARD CHARGES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAN OUR DAUGHTER CLAIM BACK STORE CARD CHARGES

Our Daughter had worked for Arcadia Group in one of thier Burton shops for 12 years, for that time she did hold a Staff Discount Card however this was in a form of a store card as you didn;t get the dicount unless you had one.

Last month she was made redundant and they closed the account leaving a balance of £267, I have just gone through her statements and found that she has quite a few £12 charges since 2009 (there were more since 2006 but she had reclaimed them previously).

Can anybody help in advising her if she can reclaim the rest of the charges.

Now she is unemployed with her son (Partner walked out while ago)
    finding things more difficult than before could she claim on hardship.
    She is now living with us to help me care for Mr M.

Any guidance would greatly be appreciated.

Re: CAN OUR DAUGHTER CLAIM BACK STORE CARD CHARGES

Just realised maybe put this in wrong section, might be better in Reclaim Section could one of you kinds Mods reshuffle for me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Muddled View Post
      Just realised maybe put this in wrong section, might be better in Reclaim Section could one of you kinds Mods reshuffle for me please.
      Done...Di30 will pop on later to have a look.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers Deepie...your a star

Comment

Yea she can reclaim them - well she can ask.

Is it worth it, ie how many charges are there? Usually with these things £12 is the most they can charge so if that's what they have charged they can refuse. However linked to staff, I'd have thought it impossible to pay late cos surely the repayments are linked to staff code?

Might be wasted exercise but for cost of a stamp I'd ask. No harm at all.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If she is now redundant, there could be an arguement to them on the basis of Financial Difficulties.

But agree with Niddy, surely there shouls have been a link of some kind to her pay slip if it was a staff card.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Yea she can reclaim them - well she can ask.

Is it worth it, ie how many charges are there? Usually with these things £12 is the most they can charge so if that's what they have charged they can refuse. However linked to staff, I'd have thought it impossible to pay late cos surely the repayments are linked to staff code?

Might be wasted exercise but for cost of a stamp I'd ask. No harm at all.

There is about £300 in charges, it wasn't linked to wages or anything, you just applied like you would for a store card with the possibility of being refused for bad credit.

My thoughts at the beginning were are they allowed to force staff to have a staff card like this which basicaly is a normal store card only difference she got a discount on the item she bought.

Monthly statements, interest, and charges just like all Arcadia M&S, Debs, Dorothy Perkins, Store Card only difference was it had staff card written on it instead of Debenhams etc... and you could use it in any Arcadia Stores.

But as you say Niddy for a price of a stamp possibly no harm in trying...

Originally posted by oscar View Post
              If she is now redundant, there could be an arguement to them on the basis of Financial Difficulties.

But agree with Niddy, surely there shouls have been a link of some kind to her pay slip if it was a staff card.
              Yeah Oscar we were thinking of the hardship route which she has had for quite sometime now since her partner walked out....and defo no link to pay slip or wages just got normal statement every month and paid monthly payment only difference was when she bought something she got a discount, but like all other cards she ended up paying more because normal store card interest was added each month.

Comment

Working...
              X