GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Advice Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Advice Please

Hello Everyone!

I have two CCJs on file - one being paid off (slowly) and the other default in judgment but rarely hear anything from them.

I also have a multiple defaults from 4 year old accounts.

All the creditors have written off the debts except for Lowell who is hanging onto mostly catalogue stuff. They write every so often offering discounts on the debt but that's pretty much it.

I also have a small one with 'Debt Managers' which is also a catalogue debt but again it's mainly discount offers via email.

I ignore all correspondence and I'll admit that I am 'hiding' waiting for the 6 year mark to come.

My question is - how likely are the DCAs to put in a CCJ at the last minute for these outstanding debts?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Debt Advice Please

Hi and welcome to AAD. Unfortunately no one to guess how their warped minds will work! You say debts have been written off; do you have letters stating this? There is often a flurry of activity just before a debt becomes SB. Have you sent any CCA requests?
    If you have totally ignored all communications, I would suggest keeping everything that you have received (separate files per account) and if you have any headed 'letter before action' or threatening legal action if you haven't paid within 14 days, then reply.

If they issue a claim, we have very efficient procedures to deal with them.

If you read around the site you will see how people deal with any letters and we have a selection of site letters written to deal with threats but without acknowledging the debt. There is a whole section dealing with unenforceable debts and it may be worth starting your own diary to get specific help.

Good luck
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi - thanks so much for your reply!

I've not got anything in writing for the other accounts being written off but I've heard literally nothing for years and they've not been passed to a DCA. (Mostly bank accounts with small unauthorised overdrafts and a Santander card)

In answer, no I've not sent CCAs - I've been doing loads of debt research lately as I'm trying to clean things up but still not sure what these CCAs are for? Can you explain?

One of my main things is that I want to be prepared. I do scan all my letters etc that I receive and if these court claims were to start coming in, I want to be thoroughly prepared and know how to deal with one if possible!

Thanks again!

Comment

CCA ; is the copy of the Credit Agrement that they say you would of signed whn opening an account with them,
        Many catalogue companys send one out, but after you have had the items so a lot of people don't send them back,
        A Debt collction company would need a copy of it to take you to court, BUT, if you don't know this and admit to owing the debt they can still go ahead with legal action.

As Cym says, ignore them but watch out for anything that says " legal department", will be passed to litigation department, or , If you don't reply in xxxx days legal action will be started,
        if you get any of them, post on here and we can try and nip anything nasty in the bud,
        good luck x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

A CCA is a consumer credit agreement, if they haven't got one they can't enforce it! Overdrafts are different, but in our letter template section we have one specifically for overdrafts. I would read here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...dit-Agreements where there are a couple of sections that explain all about UE and threads showing how different people have dealt with everything.

Comment

Okay, great! Thanks guys - I'm going to do a bit more research and reading.

Comment

Originally posted by aad View Post
              Hello Everyone!
              I have two CCJs on file - one being paid off (slowly) and the other default in judgment but rarely hear anything from them.
              I also have a multiple defaults from 4 year old accounts.
              All the creditors have written off the debts except for Lowell who is hanging onto mostly catalogue stuff. They write every so often offering discounts on the debt but that's pretty much it.
              I also have a small one with 'Debt Managers' which is also a catalogue debt but again it's mainly discount offers via email.
              I ignore all correspondence and I'll admit that I am 'hiding' waiting for the 6 year mark to come.
              My question is - how likely are the DCAs to put in a CCJ at the last minute for these outstanding debts?
              Thanks for any help!
              No two Cases are the same my experience here is you will get suggestions and advice if you set out each individual outstanding debt in the Unenforcable Diary format

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Read-me-First!
              To help me, to help you, please provide the following information for each account:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)
              • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
              • Approx balance
              • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying
              • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
              • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Providing the above information, for each account helps me. Then, when you start the process lay your diary out in a format like this example

---> Example of perfect layout

Comment

Cheers Roger! Have put up a diary in that forum

Comment

Working...
                X