GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mail redirection ended. Help!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mail redirection ended. Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail redirection ended. Help!!

Long time since I've visited the site, in a bit of a dilemma so any advice greatly appreciated. Basically I'm into year 5 of my UE journey and everything is currently quietly ticking over, trouble is I moved and my 2 years of mail redirection is now coming to an end. Been told by royal mail that 2 years is the maximum so what to do now. As I see it I have 2 options, either let sleeping dogs lie and run the risk of important letters going to the wrong address and opening the possibility of ccjs etc, or do I contact the current creditors and give them my new address? If only I could redirect for another 2 years and get passed the SB date! Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks for reading

Re: Mail redirection ended. Help!!

Royal Mail say a maximum of 4 years https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...QvUVJDd1RVWm0=
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Now that's interesting as my letter states it can't be any more than two years? Thanks for finding this, I will have to do some digging. Cheers

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed that you can re-direct for another two years.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just spoke to royal mail and it turns out in April they changed the redirection limit from 2 to 4 years so managed to redirect..........yippee! As for my letter stating the 2 years limit, well apparently it's an automatic letter that comes out that they haven't been able to stop since they changed the timescale. Thanks to cymruambyth for posting the link to the website.

Comment

I discovered a few years back (I think from on here), that although it cannot be renewed you can start a new redirection as long as you still have a card registered at the address you are redirecting from. No good to you right now, but I thought I would post in case anyone else is in the same position and hit the problem. Only thing if you are planning to be at a different address and having long term redirect is that you need to have one bank account that is registered to the old address, possibly a spare that has little or nothing in it for safety.
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by DaveyBoy View Post
              Just spoke to royal mail and it turns out in April they changed the redirection limit from 2 to 4 years so managed to redirect..........yippee! As for my letter stating the 2 years limit, well apparently it's an automatic letter that comes out that they haven't been able to stop since they changed the timescale. Thanks to cymruambyth for posting the link to the website.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
              X