GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tesco loan, nominal payments made not being acknowledged - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesco loan, nominal payments made not being acknowledged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco loan, nominal payments made not being acknowledged

PERSONAL UNSECURED LOAN
    COMMENCED NOV 2010
    BALANCE £1695
    LAST FULL PAYMENT FEB 2015
    AGREED INTERIM NOMINAL PAYMENTS £1pm FOR NOV, DEC 2015, JAN 2016.
    PAYMENT OF £3 MADE IN NOV 2015 to cover 3x £1 PAYMENTS
    ACCOUNT DEFAULTED MAY 2015

12 May 2015` Default notice received
    25 July 2015 Another default notice received with new date!!
    27 May 2015 Requested 30 days hold on account, freeze interest
    9 Sept 2015 Offered nominal payment of £1pm for Oct, Nov and Dec
    16 Sept 2015 Received letter from Tesco accepting 3x £1 offer
    Oct 2015 Cheque sent and cashed for £3 to cover 3x £1. Cleared bank account.
    9 Dec 2015 letter to tesco offering further six months at £1pm
    11 Dec 2015 Letter from tesco received (written 7 Dec) "we've yet to receive your payment of £1. this means the conditions of your current repayment plan have not been met and the arrangement is now broken"
    11 Dec 2015 letter sent to tesco - reiterating that £3 has been paid and cleared, insisting they retract accusations of non payment and non-compliance with agreement and provide written acknowledgement of payment of £3
    14 DEc 2015 Reminder that account remains unpaid and that unless I ma able to agree acceptable payment plan, will be passed to DCA, blah, blah.

Please advise how I should proceed with this, as they are failing to acknowledge that payment has actually been made in accordance with interim agreement.

Am I correct in assuming that this brings the account in DISPUTE and while in dispute they cannot pass to DCA.

How should I respond?

Re: Tesco loan, nominal payments made not being acknowledged

remind us why you are making these payments? Where are you going with this? What is your ideal outcome?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      remind us why you are making these payments? Where are you going with this? What is your ideal outcome?
      Basically just buying time.
      I'm kind of accepting of the fact that I will have to pay eventually, but need to keep payments low in mean time (currently on low income as they are aware), and don't have funds to settle or make any substantial offer or installments.
      I guess will not be long before it gets passed to a DCA anyway....

Comment

I would cease these payments as they are making no difference and they are not acknowledging them.

It's usually easier to deal with a DCA and if you haven't paid for a while they'll tend to accept what they can get just to get a score on the door.

Have you sent a CCA?

I know it's later than 2007 but always worth a try, these companies are notoriously bad at lawful paperwork, regardless of when the loan was taken out.

incidently have you told them that you are having difficulties or did you just change the payment?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesC View Post
          I guess will not be long before it gets passed to a DCA anyway....
          Is this loan still with Tesco Personal Finance or has it been sold to Hoist Portfolio since a whole load of Tesco's non-performing accounts were assigned to them in February?

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
          X