GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ccj's from hmrc - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ccj's from hmrc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj's from hmrc

As part of my fall out with the world of credit, I encured the warth of hmrc. They got a ccj against me 3 years ago ( which I'm stil fighting, but that's another story).

my question is this , is it right that they should still be applying interest and penalties on and amount that they have a ccj against that has a approved payment plan.

also I know I've paid off in excess of the amount of the ccj and shouldn't they have applied these amounts to the figure of the ccj and sent me a cert of satisfaction if I have cleared it? They do seem to be changing the allocation on a monthly basis !!!!

thanks for your help.

Re: Ccj's from hmrc

As this is not a CCA agreement, it is HMRC, the answer depends on what was owed - if under £5,000 then no interest should be added. If over then yes, they can add 8%.

See here - it shows you that for PAYE & NI (post CCJ) that interest will be added. --> http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/dmbmanual/dmbm400020.htm
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Fair enough, hmrc do make most people in the cca world look like pussy cats!!!!!

i do hope everything is good in the world of niddy and that you have sorted out the fca ( I know probably old news!!!)

Also so the ccj was for non payment of SA income

Comment

It would help if i knew what the hmrc debt was for. If its for non payment of tax, then they will continue to apply interest until it is paid and interest will go back to the first day it was due. The interest should reduce as the balance does though i would have thought.
        As for penalties, if for example its late or non filing of self assessment, then they would charge a maxmimum of £1200 per year. So unsure why you believe they continue to charge this, unless the self assessment continues to remain unfiled each year. Only way to stop the penalties, is to actually file a tax return.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          It would help if i knew what the hmrc debt was for. If its for non payment of tax, then they will continue to apply interest until it is paid and interest will go back to the first day it was due. The interest should reduce as the balance does though i would have thought.
          As for penalties, if for example its late or non filing of self assessment, then they would charge a maxmimum of £1200 per year. So unsure why you believe they continue to charge this, unless the self assessment continues to remain unfiled each year. Only way to stop the penalties, is to actually file a tax return.
          all returns always have been filed on time , the penalties are / where for non payment and relate to the period before the ccj being granted. All payments are currently up to date and payment plan is also up to date. The funny thing is they keep on changing the allocation , I think it's because the system can't cope with money being allocated to the earliest debt without causing problems with the current debt. As you can imagine it really causes the penalties to alter. If I thought hmrc where organised enough, I would said they are maximising their yield.!!!

Comment

All I know is they can continue to add interest on late tax payments until it's paid. Allocation should be on the remainder of the debt I'd have thought. Although it would be hard to work out since although the interest should decrease as the debt does it may also increase over the length of time.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
            X