GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script LITTLE ADVERTISED OPT OUT SITE ROYAL MAIL FOR UNADDRESSED JUNK MAIL - STOP RECEIVING - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LITTLE ADVERTISED OPT OUT SITE ROYAL MAIL FOR UNADDRESSED JUNK MAIL - STOP RECEIVING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LITTLE ADVERTISED OPT OUT SITE ROYAL MAIL FOR UNADDRESSED JUNK MAIL - STOP RECEIVING

Opting out of Royal Mail's Door to Door service

The opt out service only relates to unaddressed mail.

Royal Mail is still legally obliged to deliver all addressed mail, which includes mail that is addressed “To the Occupier” (or with any other generic recipient information), as well as mail that is personally addressed to you by name.
    It is not possible for Royal Mail to separate material you don’t want from those you do want

For example: advertising offers or leaflets from material from Central and Local Government and other public bodies.

Opting out from Royal Mail Door to Door stops all unaddressed items from being delivered by us (although we do work with Government to get a message to every UK address in exceptional circumstances). Election material is not delivered by the Door to Door service and is therefore not affected by this opt out.
    Opting out means no one at the address will receive unaddressed mail items.

You should first check that this acceptable to everyone living at the property.
    Please be aware that Royal Mail delivers a minority of the total volume of unaddressed mail items in the United Kingdom. The opt out will not cover any other distributors, who will continue to deliver unaddressed mail items. Opting out of Royal Mail Door to Door deliveries will not necessarily reduce by a significant amount the number of items you will receive, as there are other carriers in the market place.
    If you would still like to stop any other unwanted communications - Please visit mpsonline.org.uk which provides details on all other preference services, or call 03457 740 740.
    I wish to opt out of receiving Door to Door mail items - please either
    Send us your name and address details to the address below:
    Freepost RSTR-YCYS-TGLJ
    Royal Mail Door to Door Opt Outs
    Kingsmead House
    Oxpens Road
    OXFORD
    OX1 1AA
    or email your name and address to us at: optout@royalmail.com
    We will then send an opt-out form to your address, which you must sign and return. We do this for security reasons - to verify that those resident at the address have requested the ‘opt out’.
    Once you’ve returned this form, Royal Mail will stop delivering unaddressed items to your address within six weeks.
    The opt-out will last for a period of two years from the date that we have received your opt-out form. If you wish to continue your opt-out after the two-year period you can do so by completing a new opt-out form which can be obtained by contacting us via email at optout@royalmail.com or via telephone on [COLOR=#00AFFD !important]01865 796964[COLOR=#EC008C !important]
    [/COLOR], or at the address above.

[/COLOR]
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: LITTLE ADVERTISED OPT OUT SITE ROYAL MAIL FOR UNADDRESSED JUNK MAIL - STOP RECEIVING

Send us via email at optout@royalmail.com

E-Mailed to this address so will see what happens in the next 6 weeks?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: LITTLE ADVERTISED OPT OUT SITE ROYAL MAIL FOR UNADDRESSED JUNK MAIL - STOP RECEIVING

E-Mail receipt:-

Dear Householder

Royal Mail Door to Door Opt Out

Thank you for contacting Royal Mail regarding opting out of receiving Door to Door, unaddressed mail.

We are pleased to receive your request because we only wish to deliver unaddressed mail to recipients who are interested in receiving such items.

This improves our service to advertisers and means that they only produce items for those who are interested, reducing the environmental impact of their mailings and making them more effective.

It is extremely simple for you to opt out. All you need to do is to complete the attached form and return it to us at the address shown.

What opting out will mean for you

Before deciding to go ahead with opting out you may like to be aware of the effect of doing so in relation to items you receive through your letterbox. There are a number of things that you may or may not be aware of and it is worth considering these before deciding to go ahead.

1. Our Opt Out service only relates to unaddressed mail delivered by Royal Mail.

2. We are still legally obliged to deliver all addressed mail, which includes mail that is addressed “To the Occupier” (or with any other generic recipient information), as well as mail that is personally addressed to you by name.

3. Some of the items that we deliver may contain important information issued by local and central Government departments, for example materials relating to elections. Because we cannot legally separate these items from the others we deliver - such as advertising offers or leaflets - you will not receive these if you choose to opt out.

4. Opting out means no one at the address will receive unaddressed mail items so you may wish to check whether this is acceptable to everyone living at the property.

5. Royal Mail delivers around 25% of unaddressed mail items in the UK. Therefore opting out of Royal Mail Door to Door deliveries will not eliminate the majority of items that you currently receive through your letterbox, as there are many other companies who deliver leaflets to whom this opt out will not apply.

Opting out from other unaddressed mail deliveries

To opt-out from deliveries from other unaddressed mail distributors you may wish to register with the 'Your Choice' preference scheme run by the Direct Marketing Association. They can be contacted at: -

'Your Choice' Preference Scheme
      Direct Marketing Association (UK) Ltd
      DMA House
      70, Margaret Street,
      London W1W 8SS
      Telephone: 020 7291 3300
      Fax: 020 7323 4165
      Email: yourchoice@dma.org.uk

If you would like to stop any other unwanted communications please visit The Mailing Preference Servicewww.mpsonline.org.uk, which provides details on all other preference services, or call the Mailing Preference Service on 0845 703 4599

How to opt out from Royal Mail Door to Door

If you still wish to opt out of receiving Door to Door mail items please complete the attached form and return it to us at the address shown. Upon receipt we will process your request and it will be implemented within 6 weeks.

Every effort will be made to prevent the delivery of Door to Door items by Royal Mail.

Your Opt Out will last for a period of 2 years. However, if you wish to resume deliveries of Door to Door to your address at any time during this period please contact us at optout@royalmail.com

At the end of the 2 year period, in order to continue with your opt out, you will simply need to repeat this process and complete a new application form to confirm that you are still resident at the address and wish to continue opting out of Door to Door deliveries.

Yours sincerely

The Opt Out Team
      Royal Mail Door to Door

This is an automated response - If your enquiry is regarding an existing opt out, please contact us on01865 796964, or an alternative email address to use is doortodoor_customerservices@royalmail.com.

Attachments area

Preview attachment Opt Out Application.pdf

Opt Out Application.pdf

Comment

So you have to send letter to effect it seems as not actioned via e-mail.?

Comment

Thanks for this, we're registered with the TPS, MPS etc but not done the RM opt-out. What I sometimes do with the general non identifiable junk that RM deliver is use any freepost envelopes provided and shove it all back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by panther12 View Post
            Thanks for this, we're registered with the TPS, MPS etc but not done the RM opt-out. What I sometimes do with the general non identifiable junk that RM deliver is use any freepost envelopes provided and shove it all back to them.
            Done that a few times also:= lol especially the like of credit card firms etc and mail order companies.

Comment

Nail up your letter box and/or lock our gates and they cannot deliver. If they cannot deliver they will not, and they will take your address off the database that feeds the Postcode Address File (PAF) that most public and private concerns buy to provide address confirmation in any electronic form.

If your address is not on PAF then you are incognito. No mail, no credit, no hassle......, but no birthday cards or bank accounts, unless you have friends who will take I mail for you. Mail is Returned to Sender from sorting office, electronic searches return 'address not found'.

It is a fib that all UK addesses are on it. If postie cannot deliver they remove the address, so that they are not accused of non-delivery. They blame the householder. All since privatisation.

Comment

Working...
              X