GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script British Gas - Buchanan Clark & Wells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Gas - Buchanan Clark & Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas - Buchanan Clark & Wells

We have an outstanding amount (less than 160) to BG that I've been paying off at £20+ a week. After BG failed to call us back as agreed my wife spoke to a manager who apologised and put our account on hold for 40 days as they can see the regular payments, that actually exceed the amount BG wanted to take by DD. (I don't do DD). Now we've had contact from BCW for an amount of £185 despite the actual amount being £159. They are "offering" us repayment options of PAYG Meter or Direct Debit including a couple that don't concern us.
    Why should I pay them when I am making visible and traceable payment direct to British Gas, via Debit Card, through their own App on my phone!?!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Re: British Gas - Buchanan Clark & Wells

Hi JD,
    Have they added their own cut?
    Are you still within the 40 day hold period?

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
      Hi JD,
      Have they added their own cut?
      Are you still within the 40 day hold period?

Elsa x
      Hi Elsa,

I don't think so, the amount tallies up with balance about a payment ago.
      The hold period was stated on the 7th June so well within it, 9 days is also to far to use the "pass in post" excuse also.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Sounds as if the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at British Gas, and that BCW aren't aware of the latest payment.

For clarity and proof I'd keep things in writing from now on.

If it was me I would write to British Gas saying how concerned you are to have received a letter from BCW before the 40 day hold on the account had expired, and when you have clearly been making the required £20 pw payments to British Gas. Ask that they confirm your arrangement with them in writing and say you would be grateful if they would instruct BCW that you are dealing directly with BG.

I'd also write to BCW, telling them that they have obviously contacted you in error as the account has currently been put on hold for 40 days by British Gas, with whom you are dealing directly and paying regularly.
        Ask that they please refer back to their client before responding.

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks Elsa, will get on with that when I wake up

Meany

Comment

They've gone, i had to resist the urge to refer to incompetent call centre staff as "script monkeys"

Meany

Comment

That's good
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

this is what i sent to BCW

"Dear Avarto/BCW

In reference to your letter dated 16/06.2015 on ref B****** it appears that you have not been informed by British Gas that an arrangement is in place and direct payments are sent to British Gas.

In addition the account is currently on hold.

Please refer back to British Gas before replying to this letter. Please note ALL communications must be in written form as it’s obvious the company you’re acting for have an issue with recording telephonic communications.

Yours sincerely"

Meany

Comment

Working...
                X