GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Talk-Talk and claims for payment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk-Talk and claims for payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk-Talk and claims for payment

Hi all, if this isin the wrong section can a mod move it?

One of my friendshas some issues with Talk-Talk that he’s at his wits end with. He’s retired andliving in social housing and likely isn’t bothered by his credit rating etc butwould like a resolution.

If you read mysummary of his email to me which I asked him to send the situation is that he saysTT owes him money and TT say he owes them money!

Any advicegratefully received!

=========================
    Talk-talkproviding phone, internet and mobile.
    1/6/11 Unhappywith service and changed to Sky. There was now no further service to the houseor mobile from TT. Unfortunately didn’tstop DD and payments to TT continued

28/5/12 Stoppedpayments to TT.
    6/7/12 Sent letterto TT advising them that I had stopped the DD and also a breakdown of myoverpayment asking for the money to be refunded (£448.74)
    6/9/12 Letter fromRoxburghe asking for £163
    17/12/12 Letterfrom SRJ Debt Recoveries asking for £225.30
    19/12/12 Letterfrom CARS Recovery asking for £69.65
    2/1/13 Letter fromRoxburghe Debt stating the account was closed.
    3/1/13 Letter fromCARS Recovery asking for £69.65
    8/5/14 Letter fromCARS Recovery asking for £190.14
    6/6/14 Letter fromCARS Recovery asking for £190.14.

This letter also advised that they were nolonger dealing with the debt and that I should take up any disagreements with TT. I have sent TT 5letters over this period asking for a breakdown of what they claim to owe butthey have never provided this. They once repliedsaying that if I return to them then they will ‘forget’ what they say I owethem. The other 2 letters were requests to phone them which went through toanswer machine.

A while back Isent them a recorded letter but they responded by stating that the debt was nowbeing dealt with by JC International Acquisitions.

30/9/14 Communicationfrom JCIA now has the debt being dealt with by Pastdue Credit Solutions, whoare asking for £49.65.
    I have gone to theOmbudsman who has replied and said they will not get involved until deadlock isreached, and that I should ask TT for a letter from TT to that effect. TT insist that there is no deadlock.

===================

(PS, is the AAD editor haunted? I can't type more than 1 letter a second as they disappear!)

Re: Talk-Talk and claims for payment

Hi all, any thoughts on this?

Comment

Hiya - have you formally complained - and have they issue a formal response?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

What would constitute a formal complaint? My friend has sent this letter below (only core shown).

=======================
        It has taken nearly 4years to get this far and having read your letter I cannot agree with anythingyou have said.

I still maintain youdisconnected your services, and you owe me money of which I have overpaid you.

So again to reiterate Isay to you that we are definitely at deadlock.I therefor make request that yousendme a letter
        of agreementstating we are at Deadlock so thatwe can get this matter resolved with out further Daley.
        ===========================

He got no answer.

Thanks

Comment

Afternoon all!

I've asked my friend to get his Experian statutory credit report as a start and this he has done. There's nothing on there from Talk-Talk, only 2 entries which are his bank and credit card.

Do I need to get him to check any other CRAs?

And as to the future can we send a SAR to Talk-Talk to get them to provide details about what they say he owes, and also to find out if they actually owe my friend anything?

Thanks

Comment

Before forking out £10 for a SAR why doesn't he email the CEO of TalkTalk with his complaint? dido.harding@talktalkplc.com

I've had a couple of thoughts while I was looking up the email address...

When did he take out the contract with TalkTalk?

Was he still in a contract with TalkTalk when he changed to Sky?

Did he inform TalkTalk that he was moving from them to another provider?

Did your friend just forget to cancel the DD thinking that TalkTalk wouldn't take the payments as he was no longer with them?

It seems strange that they're saying he owes them when he made payments for a year after he left them.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie, I'll get him to answer the questions pronto.

Comment

I'm just trying to understand why they think he owes them money.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Pixie, apologies for the huge delay in responding. My friend would still like some resolution to this issue so any further ideas most welcome! Answers to questions in red

For reference I got him to get his free credit report from Equifax and there was nothing on there at all about the demands he's received from TT.

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  Before forking out £10 for a SAR why doesn't he email the CEO of TalkTalk with his complaint? dido.harding@talktalkplc.com

I've had a couple of thoughts while I was looking up the email address...

When did he take out the contract with TalkTalk? 2011 or previous, I'll find out.

Was he still in a contract with TalkTalk when he changed to Sky? He had such bad service from TT that he switched to Sky. Sky told him they would sort out the transfer.

Did he inform TalkTalk that he was moving from them to another provider? No, he assumed Sky was going to do it.

Did your friend just forget to cancel the DD thinking that TalkTalk wouldn't take the payments as he was no longer with them? Yup, would seem to be the source of the problem!

It seems strange that they're saying he owes them when he made payments for a year after he left them. Yes, that's why he wants to get to the bottom of this.
                  Thanks

Comment

I had a big problem with TT. They blamed the distance from the exchange, but BT and O2 had no probs. I called and listened to a few full concertos waiting to complain, and wrote. Told them I was leaving because of 256kb line 90% of time. They offered no help. They asked me, as a valued customer if I wanted to move my line to new home. Continued to write asking for over a year.

Meanwhile they took my payment for the month 2 days before they cut off the line, it was already out of contract. They sent my rebate 3 months later, by cheque to my old address, as they needed to be sure I received it. Since then monthly invitations to 'join' them. Perhaps they don't keep records.

Mad.

Comment

Working...
                    X