GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Making an offer on a CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making an offer on a CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making an offer on a CCJ

I stupidly ended up with a CCJ for an AA Loan - I had court papers before I had found this place and I didn't dispute the debt (although I think now it probably wasn't enforceable reading other peoples cases on here.....)

I have agreed to pay it back at £10 a month - the outstanding amount is £3400 ish - I want to remortgage and all of my defaults will have dropped off by June/July this year but this CCJ still has 21/2 years before it drops.....

Is there any chance that they will accept a reduced offer do you think? If so how low could they go? I haven't got much put aside but am prepared to save like mad if they would accept less to satisfy this and get it off my credit report. If they settle for less will it still sit on my credit report?

Thanks for your help.

Jane x

Re: Making an offer on a CCJ

Hi Jane , I'm in the same boat as you . It will stay on your CRA files and the Trust CCJ register for 6 years whether it is paid or not. I am trying to negotiate a f&f at present based on a letter that Niddy wrote for me.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh bugger I won't bother to do anything till 2017 then �� just wish I had found this place before.

jane x

Comment

Me too!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X