GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

Today I received an email from "contact from ruthbridge.com " saying they are acting on behalf of their client 'Cabot Financial' and asking me to confirm an old address in UK. I did a search on ruthbridge.com and they are a debt recovery business.
    I recently informed Cabot Financial that I now live in Thailand and wonder if that has created this? I have not been able to pay anything to Cabot for several months, and had written to inform them of this.
    I now retired and live in Thailand -but they want an address in Uk. Why? I am unsure if I should respond?
    One of the reasons I am worried about this is that I had permission from a friend to use her address in UK a few years ago - they are now asking me about this address. The address they ask for is one I never really lived at -just one I used for a few things.I stupidly put that address on the electoral roll,and credit cards - I have changed those things now.
    . I am very worried that my friend will be contacted, or visited. I really want to avoid that.
    My debt to Cabot is 6300 pounds.
    I am not in a position to pay anything regarding this debt and any advice is much appreciated.

Re: help please

do you have property etc in the UK? if not enjoy retirement! others will also respond?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

do you have property etc in the UK? if not enjoy retirement! others will also respond?

all your friend needs to say they do not know your whereabouts and you do not live there etc.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you. I have no property in UK. But I just worry my good friend will get contacted and/or visited by creditors(she would not like that) as it was a registered address in UK for me. They also have my address in Thailand. Does them knowing where I am in Thailand make any difference?

Comment

this might be worth a read------> Pepe2008 Heading for the Sun!

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            this might be worth a read------> Pepe2008 Heading for the Sun!
            And, here is a thread you will DEFINITELY want to read. It is well over two years old, but the content is as valid as ever despite the rather conspicuous warning message. It dates from just after I joined the forum.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...Can-you-advise

Yes, I've got a good.....oh, what's that bloody thing called? Oh, I'll think of it in a minute....Nah, can't remember. Sorry.

SH

Comment

Working...
            X