GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script TSB NIGHTMARE - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSB NIGHTMARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TSB NIGHTMARE

Originally posted by Oldandblue View Post
    After sending me a recon agreement. (sent for checking)
    Today they are offering me £50 for my inconvenience, have to get in touch with my back details so can pay into account
    Something's not right here
    Tell the buggers to pay it to the Trussell Trust.

Comment

I would write them a one liner asking them to send the £50 as a cheque. Like SnV says, I wouldn't be giving them my bank details.

When I got the cheque I was wondering if there was a catch and whether I should cash it...Niddy said cash it http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post372187

I know the Trussell Trust does good work with the food banks Cloggy but I'm sure Oldandblue would prefer to have the £50 in their pocket. I know I would!
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi
        I agree with Pixie, ask for a cheque. I've been having CCA issues with LTSB, and they sent me a cheque for £100 for "expenses and inconvenience caused in the handling of my complaint".
        . I cashed it, several months ago and no comeback.

Perhaps you should tell them it's not enough, and ask for a cheque for £100.

Comment

Thank everyone for your advice but I really do have a funny feeling about this.
          Why would they make this offer when
          1). Don't have original agreement said it's to old from 1992
          2). Then sent recon , I think is only T&C's Still waiting to here
          3). Want full outstanding balance immediately or will take legal action

I think there could be some sort of catch here.

Comment

So what EXACTLY does their letter say?
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

2). Then sent recon , I think is only T&C's Still waiting to hear on here
              What date - if any - is on the alleged reconstituted agreement?

What date - if any - is on the purported T&C?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                I know the Trussell Trust does good work with the food banks Cloggy but I'm sure Oldandblue would prefer to have the £50 in their pocket. I know I would!
                That wunch of bankers would probably refuse to pay it to a third party.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  What date - if any - is on the alleged reconstituted agreement?

What date - if any - is on the purported T&C?
                  Hiya CleverCloggs
                  No dates on ,just 4pages of T&C's and my name and address on the top. I did send it in at weekend to be checked only hope I've do e it right
                  Attached Files

Comment

No dates on ,just 4 pages of T&C's and my name and address on the top. I did send it in at weekend to be checked only hope I've done it right
                    It looks as if it might not be compliant, if that's all the buggers sent... Best wait to see what Big Ears's chum has to say, though.

Was your stated address the same address where you resided when you first obtained the card?

Comment

• Re: TSB NIGHTMARE

I replied already in protected section.

Hi

Where is the signed agreement page? The main agreement regulated by the CCA 1974?

It's missing hence I'd respond with --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...tions-received

It's currently
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Best wait to see what Big Ears's chum has to say, though.
                        Im so gonna kick your arse
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Im so gonna kick your arse
                          Although I cannot be certain (as I never read those books) I feel sure that Big Ears had more than one friend.

Comment

Mine was for a current account overdraft so strictly speaking, enforceable. I cashed the cheque in February and all I've had since are a couple of letters from Westcot asking me to contact them whish of course I haven't.

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                            Hi
                            I agree with Pixie, ask for a cheque. I've been having CCA issues with LTSB, and they sent me a cheque for £100 for "expenses and inconvenience caused in the handling of my complaint".
                            . I cashed it, several months ago and no comeback.

Perhaps you should tell them it's not enough, and ask for a cheque for £100.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hiya everyone, A big thank you for all your replies.
                              Had another letter from TSB today re previous letter stating "We will gather the facts together and get back to you with a full response"
                              1) you are unhappy that we are unable to provide details of your credit agreements, and have not confirmed this in writing as requested. We have now sent you a copy of your agreement.
                              Only sent up to date T&Cs C's. No agreement. Niddy says Currently UNENFORCEABLE.
                              We will recall your other account from credit security and both accounts will be dealt with us and will advise you of the next steps on both accounts. We don't expect any increase in your current monthly agreement.
                              To apologise for poor service we offer £50 to be paid into your bank account and trust this will go some way to restoring faith in us. If you wish you now have the option to go to FOS.

I'am not happy with that, still haven't admitted on paper that they don't have original agreements (these are from 1992/3)
                              So they can keep the £50 and will reply with the letter Niddy said to send

Comment

To apologise for poor service we offer £50 to be paid into your bank account and trust this will go some way to restoring faith in us. If you wish you now have the option to go to FOS.
                                Ah - be really careful what they mean by this. I assume this is why they have asked for your bank details? Make sure you ask for a cheque as previously advised.

If they mean they are asking you for this payment to be made into the disputed account, then someone may try to argue later down the line that this payment reset the statute barred clock.

I may be being overly paraniod, but I have seen a lot of dirty tricks over the years!
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X