GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BEWARE HANDEPAY MERCHANT RENTALS CONTRACTS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEWARE HANDEPAY MERCHANT RENTALS CONTRACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEWARE HANDEPAY MERCHANT RENTALS CONTRACTS

I signed a 36 month contract wth handepay also known as merchant rentals (they are terminal provides to take card payments) - The contract expired in September 2013. I am currently looking to retire and thought I’d save a few pennies for my business and changed to a cheaper credit card rate provider. I sent my written request to cancel contract which they denied receiving it as it was addressed to Handepay merchant services and not Merchant rentals (they are at the same address and all initial correspondence and folders and terminal has Handepay plastered all over it) I then received a phone call advising me that the contract had defaulted as they hadn't received my letter and I needed to write another letter to give them 12 months notice that I wanted to cancel!!! even though the expiry of the 36 months had been paid up (it got very confusing here as they had an answer to everything)..
    They want £439.06 from me and return the machine to them(which I have)
    I don't have the money to pay them as business is defiantly not booming.They won't budge on the contract and have sent numerous demand letter and now red warning letter. So please remember if you go with them to make sure you cancel the contract after 24 months then at the end of the 36 months you can find yourself a new provider who does not have this unfair and unreasonable clause in the contract! and remember to address your letter to Merchant Rentals not Handepay as I did! Should all us small traders get together and ask BBC watchdog to inform traders of this contract?. Let me know your thoughts x

Re: BEWARE HANDEPAY MERCHANT RENTALS CONTRACTS

We're aware of this. Let me ask Andrew, solicitor, to pop in and see what he says.

Sit tight. Try not to worry.

Additional post --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post378271
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X