Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells

Hi

I originally posted this on the bailiff help forum and they pointed me to this site.

I hope you can advise me how to proceed with a letter received from a company called Lowell. To cut a long story short my son moved out of my address in December 2011 into his own rented flat. He lived there until October 2012 when he moved Australia for travel and work purposes. He is still there and will be for at least another year.
    For the past few months I have been getting automated messages left on my answerphone for him which I ignored as I had no idea who they were. I cannot remember the name of the first company that rang but the last few calls have been from Lowells. Today a letter arrived for him which I opened and now wish I hadnt. The letter says that a debt he had with O2 for £115 has been passed to them, they say that he has been informed of this which he cant have been as no other letters have come here for him, unless they have gone to his old flat address in which case they would have been binned. Anyway I dont know what to do about this letter, should I pay it for him even though I dont know if he owes any money, should I ignore it or should I write to them and explain the situation. I am not likely to speak to my son in ages as he is travelling constantly and only gets in touch on rare occasions.
    Any advice would be great please, If he does come back here I dont want him to have problems renting due to this.

Caroline

Re: Lowells

Hiya

thanks for posting. Please bear with us and we'll try & help.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Did your son ever have an O2 contract? Thing is technically & legally they should not even discuss it with you so no. Do not pay. For the small amount owed its easy to get rid of Lowell. I'll sort you a reply to send shortly.

Try not to worry.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi, Yes he did have an O2 contract and that is what worries me maybe he does owe the money I really have no way of knowing. He told me he had sorted everything out properly before he left but I dont know for 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
          Hi, Yes he did have an O2 contract and that is what worries me maybe he does owe the money I really have no way of knowing. He told me he had sorted everything out properly before he left but I dont know for 100%.
          ok but the issue is his credit file will now be knackered regardless. So in theory is it worth getting involved or do you think it'd be best if you pay it? Its your call......

Comment

Working...
          X