GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt story - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt story

Hi everyone, here is my debt story…sorry if its longwinded!

I was made unemployed in 2001and defaulted on a consolidated loan, which was taken out with Barclays in Oct 1999.
    Account was passed to Barclays Recovery Unit . I was making monthly payments to BRU from 31/12/2000.
    I forgot two payments in April and May 2012 due to addressing family problems away from home.
    No correspondence was received from Barclays regarding missed payments. Instead they sent Notice of Assignment letter stating debt to be collected by a Debt Collection Agency.
    I Made 1 payment of £50 in June 2012. No confirmation or statement of account was received from Debt Collector in regard to this payment.
    I got rid of them eventually and the debt was handed back to Barclays.
    After seeking advice and help from a Consumer Group, I ceased payment completely, whilst enquiring about reclaiming ppi.
    I made request for data relating to account, then sent the data to a consumer group. They highlighted ppi payments in the data and advised me to submit a claim.
    I went to local branch where loan was taken out and made a formal complaint with staff.
    My complaint was upheld and in November 2012 refund of mis-sold ppi was awarded and the debt was partially offset as a claim had been made on the policy due to previous unemployment.
    I worked out that 53% of the debt was comprised of ppi and interest !
    No further correspondence from Barclays was received in regard to re-commencing servicing of outstanding debt. I could have been more pro-active but then, so could they, it’s their money!! (allegedly)
    January 2013 received another Notice of Assignment letter, unsigned, on Barclays letterhead with Glasgow postmark, of the debt to be collected by a second, different Debt Collection Agency.(Zinc). I wrote to them about making a cca request to barclays and they've backed off for now. Not a penny will Zinc from me.
    So I then made a formal request for a copy of my cca from Barclays, to find out who really owns the debt, about end of January 2012 and received a reconstituted, unsigned version of cca in April 2012.
    Nothing further received from either party, so far.
    I am not trying to get out of re-paying this debt but feel incensed that Barclays treatment of me over the last year has been unfair and unprofessional, regarding the casual assignment of the debt to 3rd parties without giving me reasonable opportunity to re-service the debt.
    The BRU have been accepting regular affordable payments from me for over a decade now, while I have received virtually zero feedback on account status during this time and I am getting made to feel like a criminal, beside getting quite stressed, simply due to missing 2 recent payments by accident and then ceasing payments whilst claiming for mis-sold ppi. Think they’ve got the hump over the successfull ppi claim! Now I am just waiting to see what happens next. Biggest fear is enforceability through a court. I think I’d get steamrollered.

Re: Debt story

Hello there and welcome.

You have come to the right place for good honest decent advice. Even if sometimes not what we want to hear.

But from what you say you have a recon CCA sent back to you in April 2012.

Think you want to be getting that over to Niddy for him to have a look at. From that will flow all other decisions on what to do.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi and welcome sdizzy, As Ken as said do send the agreement to Never-In-Doubt and on the subject line of your email do put your username, so he knows who you are

Niddy -- > agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

Best wishes
      IF
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I am really sorry, I've been a complete donkey!
        I applied for the cca end of January 2013, not 2012.
        Received reply April 2013 !!

Feel free to point and mock!

Comment

No mocking here. We dont do that.

Just do as IF says and get it over to Niddy.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Ahh so this thread explains the random email...

I'll get back to you over the weekend
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

cca sent.
              thanks

Comment

Sorry about the email message Nid, I didn't notice the button to upload a cca.
                Anyway, I got this letter this morning...
                So, I've received a junk cca, but Zinc have been left out the loop??
                Attached Files

Comment

You've blanked out all the relevant parts on what you sent me - I need the actual letter as sent to you, if you blank bits I cannot help.

I do notice there was PPi which is good as it gives you some ground to argue, but then I notice from post 1 you did a reclaim (why???). So that element of argument has now passed.

The agreement so far looks good (ie enforceable) but hard to say for sure because the part I need to check is blanked out - please try again

Thanks
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

re-sent cca last night.

Comment

copy of ppi award letter emailed to nid 1/5

Comment

Working...
                      X