GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script debenhams card ppi - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

debenhams card ppi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debenhams card ppi

hi there, my wife has a debenhams store card and everytime she has used it they charge 150p PPI per £100 balance, she has rung them and told them she does not want or need this. as she pays the balance off in full everytime and never has had an outstanding balance ,i want to make these people pay back the charges they have put on the account can someone advise me what to do thanks ---david

ps sorry if i posted in wrong section

Re: debenhams card ppi

Sure you can claim this back and have good reason too, Balanced cleared each month so have no need for the cover.

Do you have all the statements from time of incision as this will tell you exactly how much you are owed? and thus can jump straight to a reclaim letter.

If not you will need to send of a SAR letter first to get all the info they hold, there is a SAR template here:

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request

If you are sending off the SAR first remember to include the £10 SAR FEE

Good Luck
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 18 April 2012, 18:02.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Sure you can claim this back and have good reason too, Balanced cleared each month so have no need for the cover.

Do you have all the statements from time of incision as this will tell you exactly how much you are owed? and thus can jump straight to a reclaim letter.

If not you will need to send of a SAR letter first to get all the info they hold, there is a SAR template here:

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request

If you are sending off the SAR first remember to include the £10 SAR FEE

Good Luck
      thanks pompeyfaith the ppi claim wont be for much so im wondering if it will be worth it if i have to give them £10 as well ,she normally spends around £50-60 pound and gets charged around 60-70p she has had the card for quite a while, is it best to ring and see if they will re- emburse her all the charges first ???

Comment

worth a try, calm and assertive and of course make sure you threaten them with a complaint

how much is it in total

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
          worth a try, calm and assertive and of course make sure you threaten them with a complaint

how much is it in total
          ok will give the phone call a try ,not sure on how much dont have any statements wont be a lot probably 50 ish, im just annoyed they are still charging when we have asked for it to be taken off

Comment

Remember that you will have 8% statutory interest added to any claim, but if you try phoning first they may not include this.

Your call of course we can only advise

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              Remember that you will have 8% statutory interest added to any claim, but if you try phoning first they may not include this.

Your call of course we can only advise
              yes i realise that ,will mention that in my phone call thanks

Comment

Working...
              X